Wieden & Kennedy is looking for a Midweight Film Editor and Motion Designer for WRACK, our in-house production arm. We are looking for a driven and creative editor, with an enthusiastic personality and a ‘can-do’ attitude. This is a growing team, it’s an exciting opportunity to be a part of the department's future growth and development.
We believe that each team member makes a significant contribution to our success. That contribution should not be limited by the assigned responsibilities outlined in a job description. Therefore, this job description is designed to outline primary duties, qualifications and job scope, but not limit the employee or the organisation to just the work identified. It is our expectation that each team member will offer his/her services wherever and whenever necessary to ensure the success of our endeavours and to pursue individual career growth.
The in-house Senior Video Editor works together with creative teams and the in-house production team on a range of projects which include TV, online and social content, new business pitch films, mood films and research films, as well as internal agency projects like company events, showreels and case studies. They will be working closely with creatives and producers in concepting and executing edits for all agency projects to bring excellent quality to all work. Most importantly, the ideal candidate should be open to working on both internal and external projects, is able to offer motion graphic skills, has an eye for design and sees this as an opportunity to develop their reel and work with some of the most skilled creatives in the industry.
Major Responsibilities / Primary Functions:
- Work closely with Wrack in-house producers and agency creatives for the editing of both internal and external facing video content for WK clients.
- Take ownership of assigned projects, and apply editorial skills where required.
- Liaise with the Head of Wrack and Account Managers, Producers, and Creatives to understand the requirements of each task and creative goals of each video project briefed across our brands. Stay close to the edit, addressing feedback until final delivery.
- Keep up to date with trends and innovating concepts.
- Ensure the agency archival process is executed once a week, and keep on top of producers to deliver files and fill out archival reports.
- Take initiative and be resourceful on your own, using the tools around you and if you require something to ask for it.
Qualifications and Distinguishing Characteristics:
- Editing and motion graphics skills are a must.
- Strong creative flair
- Attention to detail and deadlines is essential.
- Enthusiastic, and demonstrates a calm and positive attitude while under pressure.
- Good time management.
- Proactive, ambitious, and unafraid to take initiative.
- A problem-solver and able to react quickly to events.
- Maintain strong oral and written communication skills with those assigning you tasks, communicate with whoever assigned you tasks until full completion.
- Positive approach to team building, and understands that late working hours are at times required.
- Flexible as part of a small team.
- Salary £37k+ dependant on experience. Plus industry leading benefits package.
- The position is full-time, with a 3month probationary period.
- International applicants are welcome - we provide a comprehensive relocation package.
- Please take the time to answer the required questions embedded within the application.
About Wieden + Kennedy:
Wieden+Kennedy is an independent, global creative company. We’re here to do the best work of our lives with inspiring clients. We make work that influences culture and builds business value. Our global network comprises eight offices and 1400 people, and our work spans every discipline. We have world class media, design and tech operations. But everyone and everything at W+K is driven by creativity, and a core mission of building strong and provocative relationships between companies and their customers.