A Practice for Everyday Life is a multidisciplinary studio for art direction and graphic design. We collaborate with global brands, cultural institutions, and contemporary artists on a diverse range of projects, spanning art direction, brand identity, editorial design, exhibitions, digital and type design. Through dialogue and investigation, we sensitively explore each project’s distinctive values to provide meaningful and innovative design solutions for culture and commerce.
We are currently seeking a Mid/Senior Graphic Designer with a brand and motion focus. This versatile role has a focus on creating brands through bespoke typographic solutions, 2D motion graphics and digital design.
This is a full-time position (37.5 hours, 5 days per week) based in-person at our studio in east London. Salary: £32,000–£36,000.
Role & Responsibilities
- Creative Direction & Design: Develop innovative and intelligent design solutions across branding, campaign creation, 2D motion design.
- Act as a creative design lead on projects.
- Prepare and confidently deliver creative presentations.
- Art direction and collaboration; communicating ideas and designs both to clients and within the wider team, driving regular objective critiques of creative work in the studio.
- Act as key client contact on some projects, managing schedules, production, and timely delivery.
- Collaborate with the team, and managing creative partners/associates from time to time
Skills & Experience
- Degree in Graphic Design (BA or equivalent) or higher (MA).
- 5+ years experience in a graphic design role within a creative studio or equivalent, including managing projects from start to finish.
- Strong knowledge of design, motion and typography. And an interest in print and book design.
- Ability to design, research and accurately artwork files for production and oversee artworking carried out by junior staff.
- Advanced technical skills in using Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premiere, Glyphs.
- Experience with Glyphs, and 3D animation software (Cinema 4D, Blender) is a bonus.
- Ability to use MS Office, Pages, Keynote, Google Suite.
- Ability to lead projects, from concept to completion, with responsibility for their delivery.
- Ability to interpret briefs correctly and develop designs consistently, creatively, appropriately.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage multiple workflows, keep to budgets and keep cool under pressure.
How to apply
Please send the below to email@example.com with the subject line ‘Mid/Senior Designer (brand/motion)’:
- A PDF or link to your portfolio
- A PDF of your CV
- A covering letter helping us understand why you should be considered for this position
- A completed Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form
- Your start date availability
Please download and fill in the Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form from the link in the job description on our website:
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
Deadline for submission: 12 October 2023.
Please note that A Practice for Everyday Life reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore it is recommended to submit applications early. The right to work in the United Kingdom is essential.