Acamar Films is an award-winning television production and distribution company with a growing international mission to create iconic content. Founded in 2005, Acamar Films is the creator of the hit pre-school series ‘Bing’. Since its debut on the BBC in 2014, Acamar’s hit pre-school series Bing has gone on to achieve considerable international success, with highlights including winning an International Emmy and Writers Guild Award as well as being a BAFTA nominee; distributed to 130 territories globally; the number one most requested pre-school title on BBC iPlayer; gained three billion lifetime views on YouTube, and we have launched the Bing App, with 1 million downloads within 18 months.
In addition, Acamar has grown our strategic rights licensing arm, exploiting Bing’s IP rights internationally. There are now 5,000 Bing licensed products and formats including toys, games, books, theme parks, live events and digital products.
This is a hugely exciting time to join Acamar Films, with plans to take its proven track record for building enduring audiences to the USA, South America and Asia.
About the Role
Acamar Films are looking for an experienced, highly proficient, and multi-disciplined Graphic Designer who can deliver creative talent, technical expertise and, crucially, a strong engagement with our project. The role will work closely with the Senior Design Manager to develop and implement creative output within brand guidelines and deliver best in class assets back to the business. In addition, this role works closely with internal teams including licensing and experiential, content and digital product and production.
What you’ll do
- You will be responsible for developing a wide range of designs from concept to final artwork, ensuring that quality is upheld and timelines are met.
- Using your solid art working expertise you will create and deliver materials to the highest standard required for commercial use. You will have an excellent understanding of technical specifications for digital and print and set up procedures across a variety of design disciplines.
- Working with existing creative, you will develop supporting assets as well as create and deliver original artwork.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business to develop and create best in class assets, ensuring that artwork is delivered in a timely manner.
- You will keep on top of market trends and be ready and willing to share your knowledge with the team and wider business.
What you’ll bring
- Multi-disciplined in graphic design, with excellent knowledge of print and digital marketing, digital product development, social media, experiential asset development/ ideation, publishing, and product development.
- Ability to work with a responsive mobile first approach across a variety of digital products.
- Excellent ability to balance functional and aesthetic design development
- A solid and reliable artworker with a good understanding of 3D animation and pipeline Maya.
- Strong layout and typography skills.
- Able to interpret Bing’s tone of voice using a well-developed artistic skill set with solid creative capabilities for visualisation, composition, and storytelling.
- Ability to self-manage/organise with a robust approach to time-management and productivity.
- Self-starter with excellent communications skills, you can present your ideas both verbally and visually to a confident level, responding to and discussing internal and external feedback on work-in-progress in a kind and courteous manner.
- Proactive creative problem-solver, ready to offer solutions with a nimble approach to workflow.
- Expert in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, Google Apps.
- Knowledge of After Effects, PremierPro, Figma and the licensing industry is highly advantageous.
- Experience in UI design would be an advantage.
- Most importantly, the most qualified candidate will be strongly aligned with Acamar’s Core values, which include: Collaboration, creativity, curiosity, courage, diversity, kindness, leadership and integrity.