Spirit of the role
Motion is different at DS. It is as important as concept, as tone of voice, as the logo itself.
Brands in today’s world do not sit still and our motion team are there from the start of every project, collaborating from day one to impact how a brand will move.
Experts in our field, both technically and creatively: We don't just roll out ideas. We conceptualise, strategise and work on a vast range of projects from brand film to digital pieces as well as social assets.
- Using your ability to construct wonderful and engaging stories, encouraging new narratives and pushing to go beyond current trends.
- Produce outstanding creative work to constantly challenge the level of DS’s output.
- Have flexibility and willingness to work from the conceptual phase to delivery across multiple projects, crafting moving assets, films and other forms of animation.
- Work confidently alone as well as in a team, being able to meet deadlines.
- Support the Design Directors and Creative Directors to ensure that work is well executed and delivered on time.
- Manage external suppliers and freelancers.
- Participate in daily catch-ups and events if required, reinforcing the company’s collaborative culture.
- Take part in occasional client calls throughout the duration of a project.
Key skills and qualifications
- A portfolio of outstanding animation work.
- A minimum of 5 years experience with a primary focus on motion.
- Have a good understanding of design principles and work confidently with typography, photography, illustration and any kind of imagery necessary to produce animation.
- Be able to implement traditional animation principles into branding and to come up with new unique overarching concepts to guide motion graphics.
- Have a high level of skill in After Effects, Adobe CC softwares and Cinema 4D. Experience with RedShift/Octane, editing and frame-by-frame animation. Coding, colour grading, audio production, AR and VR are a bonus.
Qualities of a DS Motion Designer
- Love of design
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Collaborative team player
- Friendly and welcoming
- Relentlessly learning
- High level of professionalism
- Good time management and organisation
- Connected to culture, with awareness of trends of both old and new
- Willing to work on anything
- Fast and organised
- Good at details as well as bigger picture
- Excellent creative standards
- Excellent time management
- Dedicated, passionate and challenging
- Strong conceptual ideas
- Good leader of people
- Self motivated and energetic
- Curiosity and deep interest in the world
At DesignStudio, we know first-hand, excellent work comes from bringing great people together, from diverse backgrounds, stories and communities. We aim to make Meaningful Difference both to brands, our industry and ultimately the wider world. And as an inclusive employer we welcome applications from anyone who might feel underrepresented in our industry.
If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We apologise but due to high volumes of response, only successful applicants with ber contacted.