Inktrap is an independent product design and development team based in London, with clients ranging from tech startups to multinational businesses. We create brilliant digital products with a focus on UX/UI design and front-end development.
We pride ourselves on our collaborative process, supportive environment and practical approach. Our team is friendly, motivated and cares deeply about delivering quality products. Everyone in the studio contributes to developing our process and has a say in how we work.
About the role
We're looking for a Digital Product Designer to join our growing team and deliver consistently fantastic UX/UI design work.
Here's some examples of the sort of thing you'd be doing day-to-day:
- Designing beautiful and accessible user interfaces for web and mobile apps
- Drawing up wireframes and user flows, and creating interactive prototypes to test them with target users
- Planning and facilitating client workshops, user interviews and discovery activities to understand how we can best meet user needs
- Collaborating with developers to ensure that designs are implemented to a high standard
- Helping other team members improve their work through mentoring sessions, and by providing constructive, actionable feedback
- Presenting things you've learned back to the team as part of our weekly design team chat
- Refining and adding to our design process documentation, and trying out new design processes with the team where possible
What we're looking for
We hire people who are considerate, enthusiastic, and really care about having a positive impact on the people who use our products.
For this role we're looking for people who:
- Have at least 3 years professional experience designing digital products (ideally within a design agency or startup environment)
- Have practical experience designing complex digital products with Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD or similar
- Can clearly and confidently communicate the reasoning behind their work to clients and other team members
- Care deeply about producing designs that have a positive impact on users, and have tons of initiative
- Understand how to implement user-centered design principles in real world situations
We know our team isn't diverse enough at the moment and we're actively trying to change this. No matter who you are, if you think you'd be a good fit for the role we want to hear from you.
Team and benefits
Our team is friendly, motivated and cares deeply about creating quality products. Everyone in the studio contributes to developing our process and has a say in how we work.
We're a calm and collaborative company, and we value our team. Our benefits include:
- Varied work on a range of interesting projects and services
- Flat structure with no ego, and lots of autonomy
- 27 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours (most of the team do 9:30am to 6pm)
- No overtime, ever
- Annual budget for conferences, books and other resources to help develop your skills
- Up-to-date Mac with admin rights and any other equipment you need
- £40-50k, dependent on your level in our progression framework
Learn more about what it's like to work at Inktrap at inktrap.co.uk/join