Founded in 2013, Furthermore is a boutique product and service design studio with a clear ambition: to create innovative products and services that stand out in the landscape, are beautiful, purposeful and a delight for the user. We’re also strong believers in tech for good and ventures with social impact.
We are looking for an experienced and multi-disciplinary UX designer to work as part of a small cross-functional design team. Reporting into the director and strategic lead, you’ll play a key role in helping to deliver on a variety of dynamic digital product and service design projects.
We’re committed to creating an inclusive & diverse workplace. We aim to inspire and support both our talent and our clients through open, honest discussions, and clear actions that consider the lived experiences of everyone in our communities. It is important to us that we celebrate everything that makes us different and ensure all voices are included in our practice. You can read our inclusion and diversity policy here.
If you have any questions regarding the role, have additional needs or would like to request reasonable adjustments for the interview process, please let us know.
- Developing compelling propositions and concepts for both private and public sector clients
- Designing and leading workshops with senior stakeholders to analyse business goals and requirements, uncover user needs, understand personas and sketch user journeys/experiences
- Supporting the team on wider product and service strategy using a systems thinking lens
- Conducting, analysing and synthesising user research using a variety of methodologies to maximise the impact and effectiveness of our design decisions
- Sketching creatively (and collaboratively) in order to solve complex UX, design and interaction problems
- Creating user flows, wireframes, and prototypes, then testing with users, and iterating where necessary
- Liaising with clients and development partners to ensure our designs are implemented in line with user requirements and expectations
- Communicating ideas, designs, concepts and strategies to internal Furthermore and client stakeholders
- Hands-on experience in user research methodologies, facilitating workshops, running research protocol and usability testing
- You’re passionate about both product and service design and you love using research & insights to develop strategies and solutions
- An understanding, working knowledge and passion for accessible and inclusive design
- Proficiency in or the ability to quickly master different design tools. We use Sketch, Figma and Invision for prototyping, Keynote for presenting, Google Suite, Miro for running collaborative workshops, Zoom for remote user interviews
Finally, we’re looking for people who are friendly, passionate about solving problems through design and will bring their lived experience to work.
How to apply
Apply with your portfolio in any format that suits you and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org