We are a small London creative agency https://www.uncommonly.co.uk/, producing a mix of editorial and social media content, brand identity work and shoot production/art direction for some of the world's top luxury brands. Content is across digital (website, app and social media) and print. The design department's work involves end-to-end art direction, commissioning of illustration and photography, design of magazines, books, social media; brand positioning/identity; video production; fashion/lifestyle shoots; occasional website design; small animation projects. Content produced covers luxury travel, food and drink, cars, style, art and design, technology.
As the junior designer you will be working across all areas of the business (as outlined in the agency description). You need to be able to work independently and as part of a team liaising closely with the Creative Director and Designer to ensure all work is of the highest quality and fits the client's brief and overall objectives.
Flexibility, self-motivation and prioritisation of workload is key, as is the ability to juggle more everyday design tasks with moments when real initiative and creative flair is required.
We are looking for a junior designer to work across our various ongoing projects, digital and in print and to assist in pitch presentations. You will be highly organised, diligent, patient and creative. You will take direction well and enjoy working collaboratively in a team. This role is suitable for a very capable recent design graduate with some work experience.
- Designing to a high quality for digital and print
- Picture research
- An understanding of CMS
- General admin & office tasks
We are looking for an enthusiastic, talented new graduate, who can learn quickly, take a brief, display a meticulous eye for detail, is confident digitally but also has an appreciation of print. An interest in luxury lifestyle topics and brands would be an advantage.
- Strong InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop skills are essential.
- Skills in layout, colour themes and typography required.
- A good eye and creative design skills
- An ability to work across a number of projects, balance priorities while working to tight deadlines
- Good communication skills
- A strong team player
- Skills in using After effects, Film editing, web design, coding, App design, animation all a plus.
- Experience of working on website platforms/CMS would be an advantage.
9am - 6pm, 5 days/week.
We offer a flexible approach to working both in office and remotely.