Project Manager & Operations
- £28,000 – £32,000
- Midweight, Senior
- Fixed Term, Part Time
- Job Posted
- Applications Close
We're looking for an Project Manager and Creative Ops role to help support our Ops Manager and creative team; enabling better outcomes for people, planet and profit.
🕐 Role Type: Part-time (34 hrs per week)
📍 Location: Remote
💷 Salary: £28k–£32K pro-rata (based on experience)
Who We Are
Driftime® are a design and impact agency approaching the complex challenges of today with progressive brands and businesses to design an impact-driven digital future. Our mission is to empower social, environmental and economic impact through ethical strategy and digital design.
Working at an intersection of purpose and intention, Driftime® craft stories and digital experiences in both existing and emerging markets, that seek better standards for people, planet and profit.
- Great company culture and a strong set of values that focus on people and planet driven outcomes.
- We're B Corp certified. A new kind of business that balances purpose and profit.
- We donate 1% or more of our annual turnover through 1% Percent for the Planet as Business Members.
- We're part of the 'Better Business Act' where we join 200+ companies with a mission to change UK law and make sure every single company in the UK put balancing people, profit and planet at the heart of their purpose.
- We are a Living Wage employer, ensuring a fair and competitive wage.
- We work with impact driven partners, aiming for impact driven results.
- We apply humane design principles, empowering people (not users) to make better decisions through design.
- We don't believe in line managers or hierarchy, so our company structure is relatively flat.
- We give complete autonomy with work hours and location, meaning you can choose what hours and location works best to suit your needs in life.
- We’re a micro-business, and adopt an agile approach to improving how we operate.
We exist to empower everyone to create together. For us, that means encouraging and enabling creative expression, collaboration and experimentation. We are a mission-driven team that lives and breathes our core values...
Who You Are
We're looking for enthusiastic people to join the team in our mission to empower people, planet and profit driven outcomes. Ideally, you are someone who loves to solve complex challenges around social, environmental and economic standards.
We're a small nimble team, so we're looking for a person who is not afraid to wear many hats. If you're someone who is excited for their next challenge and eager to dive into many different parts of what we do and represent, then this role is perfect for you!
Personal Values →
What You'll Do
- Contribute to a friendly, collaborative culture and be an advocate for positive progression that brings out the best in both client relationships and ourselves.
- Bring process and organisation to the forefront of team-wide decision making.
- Create and maintain internal processes that are functional, flexible, and accessible for both our team and partners.
- Work with partners and teams to ensure consistent organisation and management.
- Assist staff and directors with general PA tasks.
- Assist staff and directors in scheduling and calendar availability.
- Work closely with internal and external teams to ensure cohesive execution across multiple projects and offerings.
- Establish and improve internal processes that propel projects from first-contact to delivery.
- Challenge the conventions to deliver new ways of impact for people, planet and profit.
- Work within a highly collaborative team that is open to different ideas, approaches, and perspectives. Confidence in failing, learning and iterating is key to progress and better work.
- Project management tasks and support.
- Assist with team events and bookings.
- Meeting minutes and action follow up.
- Ad-hoc support within operations.
What You'll Need
- Great organisational skills! We care less about your CV and more about the level/quality of process and efficiency. Examples to show good process and efficiency would be a plus!
- A strong sense of empathy for the client partner, consumers, creative team and a knack for need-finding.
- Strong problem-solving ability and effectiveness in situations with sometimes limited information.
- A love for building impact-driven solutions and communicating it to stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Notion ideal.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to clearly explain decisions.
- An active, curious mindset that continually pushes convention to set new standards.
- 3 years experience working in a Creative Agency ideal.
What Would be Nice
- You're an organised individual. We pride ourselves in creating lean, simple frameworks and processes that are organised and easy to jump into.
- Highly IT literate, and not afraid of learning fast and trying new systems.
- Previous Project Management experience.
- Some understanding of the design world, and the power/influence it can have with ethical business and global impact.
Benefits & Perks
- 100% Distributed - our team works remotely and flexibly, but you will have to be available to collaborate on UK timezone–friendly hours.
- Competitive Salary.
- Complete Autonomy - you can choose when, where, and how to work. All we ask is that you somewhat align this to project deadlines and meetings for effective collaboration. We typically recommend somewhere between 9am-6pm, between Monday-Thursday, to ensure a healthy work/life balance.
- We're a growing business, and work with you to define your role and career. We actively look to understand what Driftime can do for you, and provide opportunities (and budget) for personal development.
- Unlimited Paid Holiday (after probation period).
- Sustainable Pension Plan through Penfold.
- Access to Skillshare and an extensive library of training courses.
- Headspace account for mental wellbeing.
The Small Print
- This position is an initial 6-month contract with a view to continually extend. This is a pro-rata salary with an expected 34 hours per week, spread over 4 days.
- Please read this carefully before submitting. Applicants that are clearly not a good fit will not be considered. We're looking for applicants that care about long-term impact, and the influence/role design plays.
- Applicants must have the right to work within the UK.
- Recruiters will be ignored. Please save yourself time.
- Due to the volume of applications, we are unable to respond to unsuccessful candidates during the initial phase.
How to apply
To apply, send an email to email@example.com with your CV, a little bit about yourself, and why you’re interested in Driftime® and this position, specifically. We’ll be in touch from there to continue the conversation!