What’s The Job?
Vault49’s Motion Director is a senior role in the London studio who is highly experienced in the design and production of video and motion graphics and uses 2D & 3D approaches to communicate a brand idea, concept, or story.
The Motion Director develops thoughtful motion design solutions for branding identities, social content, digital campaigns, etc. on a wide range of brands. This individual oversees members of the motion team as well as external vendors, while simultaneously contributing to the creative process. From concepting & storyboarding to execution & production, the Motion Director ensures that the quality of all deliverables is of the highest standard. The Motion Director reports directly to the Managing Creative Director in London. This is a full-time position in our London studio.
Please include a link to your reel and your resume.
- A design-related Bachelor’s degree or equivalent portfolio
- At least 7 years motion/animation design experience, some of which in a production studio / creative agency setting
- Excellent knowledge of relevant software (Cinema 4D, Octane, Redshift, After Effects, Illustrator, Premiere, Photoshop)
- A proven ability to work with design systems and apply across a range of mediums (digital, 3D, motion)
- Ability to prepare production-ready assets and package files for distribution and digital implementation
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for storytelling
- Strong organizational and file management skills
- Detail-oriented with an ability to blend creative and technical skills
- An enthusiasm for design, motion graphics, and brand experience
- Guide & deliver all motion projects from concept to production within required timelines
- Communicate with clients, ensuring clear understanding of briefs and presenting design ideas & executions with clear rationale.
- Stay current on trends, new techniques, and best practices in motion and digital design, integrating those findings into projects
- Act as a mentor to more junior team members, providing design direction and assisting in their development
- Anticipate challenges and brainstorm solutions with broader team
- Navigate competing priorities, allocate resources appropriately, and lead vendor relationships
- Work within a global team across different time zones
With studios in London and New York, Vault49 brings together diverse creative minds to craft brand experience and packaging for ambitious clients. We’re a collective of strategists, designers and artists with the skills to transform brands and businesses. We do it through unexpected ideas that energize brands.
Since the beginning, we’ve found our muse at street level. We believe true creative thinking comes only from wide research and authentic inspiration. From real people and real lives. We make it our job to understand cultures, technologies and trends. It’s the intricacies and nuances that make us tick, and give the brands we work with the advantage.
Thinking like entrepreneurs and experimenting like artists, we make ownable worlds that cut through and connect. We create brand experiences that make people stop, look and care.