As a Senior Designer, you’ll be tasked with translating our client’s ambitious communication projects into well thought out design solutions.
We want you to be passionate about branded content; your confidence in your ideas and broad skill knowledge will allow you to take control, but you will still be keen to grow and keep up with the latest trends. You will be part of the pitching process, using your creativity to help win clients and offer them solutions they could never have imagined. You’ll be efficient at everything you do and make sure you hit all deadlines and stick to budget.
Good time management, clear communication and multitasking capabilities are essential for working on a variety of projects as well as positive attitude to all tasks. You’ll consistently and effectively produce high quality designs and aim to make a lasting impression on our clients and the wider team at Luminous.
- Managing larger clients and design projects end-to-end, on time and to budget
- Creating presentations and mock-ups, offering multiple design pathways and being able to clearly explain your design decisions
- Understanding how budget affects the design possibilities, making sure client gets value for money without exceeding those limitations
- Attending client meetings, being knowledgeable and answering any relevant client questions
- Working closely with Account Management and Production teams to implement amends on time and proactively communicating useful information
- Briefing Junior Designers on collaborative work, encouraging and supporting them and guiding their ideas, mentoring them towards greater self-sufficiency
- Keeping up to date with trends and sharing ideas within the Design team
- Developing, presenting and directing selected pitches and client presentations
- Prioritising workload and able to juggle multiple projects at one time
- Manage time effectively and ensure timesheets, WIP schedules and other admin are filled out correctly
- Drawing on your years of experience to foresee problems and take preventative action
- Representing Luminous at external events e.g. design conferences, awards, client lunches etc
Skills and experience
- Ability to translate the brief into great design
- Always mindful of trying to push the boundaries and offering new approaches to the brief where possible.
- Pride in delivering work to a high standard
- Proven design experience with a portfolio of examples that demonstrate strategic, visual conceptual and creative thinking
- Ambitious with a positive and can-do attitude
- Ability to work autonomously and offer to help others as required
- Team player who is able to work with a variety of different people
- Highly organised and meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- Attentive to client’s needs
- Flexible in approach and always offer solutions to problems
- Resilient and professional when handling difficult situations
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Annual Report design
- Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
- Sketch and After Effects desirable
- MS Office
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
Living our values
Alongside the key responsibilities, a methodical and diligent approach is needed for all tasks, no matter how small. You will work accurately at speed and pitch in to help your colleagues during deadlines.
Having excellent communication skills alongside being empathic, conscientious, positive and an outstanding teammate to your peers will all help. You will need to adopt an enthusiastic, can-do attitude and have good time management and organisational skills.
You will be joining a positive culture where people work hard, play hard and care about our work, our clients and each other. We make time to socialise and connect every Friday and host various events throughout the year. The whole company works to a clear set of values and behaviours that determine the way we do things.
The whole company works to a clear set of values and behaviours that determine the way we do things. You can find these at our website: https://www.luminous.co.uk/join/our-culture
A strategic communications partner, we provide Brand & Culture, Investor Engagement & ESG Disclosure and Sustainability & Impact expertise that connects insight and creativity to business outcome.
As a new world evolves, people are looking beyond profit for signals of success. Being good and doing good now run hand in hand. It’s never been so critical to deliver with purpose, act with authenticity and build belief. By understanding what sits at the heart of business, we articulate and present authentic corporate stories that drive connection, instil confidence and enhance reputation.