We're ASOS. We blend our flair for fashion with our love of cutting- edge technology, but more importantly were interested in how we can bring the best out of you.
We exist to give people the confidence to be whoever they want to be, and that goes for our people too. At ASOS, you're free to be your true self without judgment, and channel your creativity into a platform used by millions.
As a Junior Multimedia Designer, you will thrive in a fast-paced environment and be keen to work with senior members of the team to deliver smart, agile and versatile designs that play a meaningful role in culture and speak to 20-somethings globally.
Compelling content that resonates with our customers is what we're about and this role makes this happen. We are looking for an energetic, collaborative individual who thinks differently, pushes boundaries and isn't content with the way things are. A strong appetite to influence change in consumer behaviour through creativity is a must.
You'll have great attention to detail, be driven and willing to adapt to change and go the extra mile. You'll be diplomatic, forthcoming with ideas and initiatives, enthusiastic, a team player and a first-class communicator, able to speak to different people in a variety of departments.
What you'll be doing
- Own and evolve our multimedia design and execution, experimenting with imagery, gifs, video and animation across our various workstreams and platforms.
- Use your multimedia design skills across all disciplines to experiment with visual language.
- Create visual designs that effectively communicate concepts and brand identity, as well as the design and production of screen layouts, colour palettes, interface-elements, iconography, typography and support the creation of style guides.
- Monitor, adapt and execute design approach and actively aware of all areas of design and tech
- Find design solutions that will make our audience stop and engage, compared to our competitors.
- Understand creative vision of the department and take direction from senior members of the team
- Actively responsive to fluctuating business workloads.
- Offer support across all brand communication on our channels.
- Considering trade objectives and opportunities when executing design content.
- Ensuring all projects are executed within timelines and schedules.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with all other departments, in particular: Content, Creative, ASOS Creates, Creative Operations, Fashion, Marketing and Social to deliver excellent ideas and executions.
- Be a source of inspiration by bringing new ideas and concepts to work.
We'd love to meet someone with
- Creative thinker with the ability to push ideas.
- Proven experience working in a design team and an outstanding portfolio.
- A high visual aesthetic with superb layout and typography skills.
- Good knowledge of social design trends and approaches across all digital media.
- Good knowledge of and understanding of the kind of design content that is widely viewed and shared across social media.
- Team player.
- Enthusiastic and energetic.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work across multiple projects.
- Good communication skills with the ability to sell design ideas to wider teams or collaborators.
- Pro-active and highly motivated.
- Strong understanding of campaign development and executions.
- Confident to explore new ways of working.
- Open minded.
- Proven ability in animation.
- A knowledge of the social landscape.
- A strong interest in fashion and retail.
- Mac literate.
- Fully conversant in professional design software (e.g. InDesign/Illustrator/Photoshop).
What's in it for you
- Competitive salary, pension, and private medical care scheme
- Performance related bonus
- Flex benefits allowance - which you can chose to take as extra cash, or use towards other benefits
- 25 days paid annual leave + an extra day for your birthday
- Employee discount (hello ASOS discount!)
We want our people to be whoever they want to be. That’s why we’re committed to creating a truly inclusive culture at ASOS, but how’re we doing it?
Through our Fashion with Integrity strategy we are driving diversity, equity and inclusion across every aspect of ASOS and ensuring every ASOSer can be their authentic self at work. We want our people to be whoever they want to be, because we believe people who bring their best selves to work, do their best work.
We’re proud members of Inclusive Companies, are Disability Confident Committed and have signed the Business in the Community Race at Work Charter. We’ve also recently been placed 8th in the Inclusive Top 50 Companies Employer List too.
There are safe space employee networks and we host a monthly DEI events series to help support and celebrate all of our people. We are constantly listening to our people, evolving, changing and taking a flexible approach to how we make ASOS truly inclusive.