Mid-weight Graphic Designer Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Midweight Designer to join our super-friendly growing team. We’re looking for a great creative to join our agency and take on design projects with passion.
Our ethos is simple: we care about what we create. We need you to share the same enthusiasm for each and every design project that comes your way. You’ll be expected to hit the ground running and get involved in creative problem solving. From audience research and client discovery workshops to brand creation and digital execution, you’ll get involved in the whole creative process.
We need you to…
Join a talented and highly regarded creative team to manage and take creative responsibility for client design projects that you are assigned to and provide clear, focused, inspirational design direction to other members of the design team.
A bit about us…
Martin Hopkins is a close-knit family run design agency. We are a friendly team of likeminded creatives who love to push the boundaries and exceed our clients’ expectations. Not only do we enjoy each other’s company inside of work, but we also love to go out on social events (recent events include an escape room and print screen making).
Experience we are looking for…
- Proven experience of delivering original, effective work through a high-quality portfolio demonstrating working across different sectors
- A minimum 3-4 years’ experience working within a small-midsized agency environment in brand and graphic design
- Have a hunger to try new styles and software
- You’ll have experience working in a fast-paced studio environment and you get a kick out of it
- You’ll have experience working on branding projects of varying shapes and sizes
- You’ll also have experience designing layouts for reports and branded marketing collateral
- Confident presenting and communicating strong ideas
- Organised and able to self-manage, switch between different clients and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Ability to prepare and proof printed marketing materials
- You can work as part of a team and play a key role in any project interaction
- Demonstrate breadth of creativity and systematic thinking
- Know InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and XD like the back of your hand.
- Any extra skillsets that can be brought to the table such as motion design or illustrative work is a bonus, but not essential.
What you’ll be like to work with…
Our agency is friendly and close knit. It is just as important that your attitude to work is as in line as your experience.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re a team player who is easy to work with as part of a team, but also able to work individually and take initiative
- You’re passionate about graphic design and love varied challenges
- You’re confident and creative, and love to push the boundaries
- You’re well organised and able to manage deadlines
- You’re always looking for ways to improve and learn new skills
- You have one eye on current trends and styles
- You love to take initiative and figure things out for yourself
- You’re kind, committed and honest
- You love exceeding client expectations
The Nice Stuff…
We’re all about making Martin Hopkins a seriously nice place to be.
Here are a few things we do:
- Protected time for self-development and skill training
- The opportunity to work with a friendly and supportive team
- Half day Friday’s
- Company pension scheme
- Hybrid working environment
- Holiday allowance of 20 days per year, plus bank holidays
- Additional paid holiday between Christmas and NYE
- A day off on your birthday
- Regular social events (all bought and paid for) – always good fun
Deadline for applications: 3rd June 202
Start date: ASAP
Duration: Full-time 34 hour weeks (9:00 am to 5:30 pm Monday to Thursday and 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Fridays, so you can enjoy your weekends)
Salary: Starting from £25,000, according to experience. Regular salary reviews based on performance and room to grow.
Location: Hybrid based in Cardiff/South Wales
Initial probational period of 6 months to make sure we’re the right fit for each other.