A senior motion designer with 4+ years experience in design or production studios. An expert in animation and motion in all its forms.
Who we are.
We are a global brand agency using creativity to design a better future. We are trusted by some of the world’s most interesting companies, including Hulu, Audible, AT&T, British Land, IMAX, Konami, Channel 4, Eurosport, Netflix and AC Milan. Brands that seek to be brave and challenge convention.
We are based in N1 London and currently work in the studio every Wednesday and Thursday, but DB towers is open all week for anyone who wants to come in more regularly.
What we believe.
Great design is born of difference; we are constantly seeking new perspectives and identities to build our team. We’re a vibrant, eclectic, open group of people from Seattle, Lagos, Hong Kong and everywhere in between, which makes for a rich environment full of ideas.
We collaborate with brands and in-house creative teams across the world from our London studio. We seek revolution rather than evolution and embrace change to remain fiercely original.
DixonBaxi is a place of growth. We create space for every member of our team to develop new skills, try new things and never settle. We foster access, opportunity and success for everyone.
We’re designing a brave new future. And we’re looking for a motion designer to join our team.
Who you are.
You love creativity. You love invention. You believe it is worth the effort to create the very best work. You’re looking to inspire, lead and define motion languages and systems for some of the world’s most dynamic and interesting brands. So you’re ready for more: more responsibility, more experimentation, more of a challenge and more room to grow.
What you do.
These are just some of the skills we would expect a senior motion designer to have. We know that brilliance comes in many forms and our minds are always open.
- You are passionate about design and creativity and pushing the boundaries of how you work.
- You prefer to invent rather than follow trends.
- Excellent animation skills with a sense of timing, choreography and an eye for finer nuances.
- Curious about what makes motion design special and meaningful, and the drive to bring that magic into every project.
- Moving design in a way that is expressive, human and emotionally engaging.
- An understanding and drive to create motion as a theory and systems that affect the entire brand experience.
- A team player who thrives on collaboration within and across teams.
- The desire to understand brand strategy and how it’s conveyed through all aspects of design with a focus on developing motion’s role in relation to it.
- Experience with UI motion and prototypes would be an advantage. This could be from a UI/UX or gaming background, experience with Figma, Lottie and/or Spark AR.
- A visual storyteller who’s comfortable planning, storyboarding and realising films of all lengths.
- Masterful understanding of After Effects, comfortable in C4D with good working knowledge of Premiere, Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Great client communication skills, able to work well and collaborate with clients as well as taking direct feedback.