We have an exciting opening for a mid-weight designer to join our team full-time in London. Seeking a talented designer with a wild imagination and a passion for experimentation who can bring their unique perspective and energy to our studio.
We are looking for someone with a multidisciplinary approach, excited to straddle between motion and static, 2D and 3D, digital and physical.
If you thrive on the intersection, your portfolio has an eclectic mix of work, and you love working closely in a collaborative environment, we would love to hear from you!
We are a Tokyo-born independent creative agency and have set up our London office in March 2019. As a design-driven creative agency, we are passionate about unlocking the true personality of brands. Help them be more expressive. Help them own their quirks rather than blend into the sea of sameness. Be that through Branding, Web design, Communications or anything in between. In our quest to express a brand’s true character, we push the boundaries of channels, styles and techniques and look for curious, self-driven creatives that embrace a variety of perspectives.
This position is for a full-time, in-house role at our London office, with a start date ideally in February 2023. Most of your time will be spent on London projects but we frequently work in collaboration with our Tokyo office as well.
- Imagine and craft fresh visual universes for brands that want to stand out.
- Think conceptually about the creative opportunities for brands and campaigns.
- Work in partnership with the Creative Director to guide clients towards ambitious work that will resonate with the brand and its audience.
- Craft designs for brands, campaigns and web, with an ambition of going beyond traditional formats and looking beyond trends.
- Get creatively involved in projects beyond your core skills, based on your own interests.
You’re the perfect fit if you:
- Have a portfolio that shows a habit of experimentation and curiosity.
- Are self-driven to take initiative and pursue creative opportunities.
- Draw inspiration from unexpected places, beyond the design industry.
- Know the ins-and-outs of Photoshop but also feel comfortable in Illustrator, InDesign and Figma.
- Are open and curious about picking up new skills and learning about new brands, markets and categories.
- Like to push channels beyond the ordinary.
- Work through kindness. Love to work collaboratively and positively with other creatives.
- Have a keen eye for detail and respect for deadlines.
- Have 2 to 4 years of design experience in a creative agency.
- Have a valid UK work visa.
- Love in-person collaboration. We work 4 days a week at the studio + 1 day a week flexibly. We sadly can’t accept remote applications for this role.
- Nice to have, but not necessary: experience in graphic design for sports, experience in working with Japanese graphic design codes, interest in experimenting with 3D or motion design.
We will offer you:
- A diverse and stimulating environment. We’re a growing team of 8 in London and 30 in Tokyo. You will join an experienced team hungry to make work we can be proud of together.
- A rich variety of international brands and projects. From fashion to sports, science to tea, Japan to London, digital to branding, our projects cover a wide variety of categories, challenges and markets.
- A competitive salary based on your experience. We are looking for either a mid-weight designer and will adapt the salary offer based on your level of experience.
- The opportunity to grow based on your own interests and ambitions. If there’s something you want to try or learn, we will find a way to help you do that.