Job title: Senior Designer
Job family: Design
Reports to: Design Manager
Salary: £50k-£70k depending on experience
Main purpose of role & level in the business:
As an experienced Senior Designer in Dawson Andrews, you’ll be responsible for leading and creating high quality designs and solutions based on user needs and design principles. You’ll be an advocate for user-centric design, design thinking and very passionate about guiding others in design.
You’ll do this whilst learning about new design patterns and approaches, with talented colleagues who will help you learn, develop and grow.
- 4+ years design agency experience
- Experience of leading projects from concept to completion, from sketched wireframes to working, interactive products
- Experience of delivering high-quality designs across different devices such as mobile, tablet and desktops
- Proficient in producing UX deliverables such as user flows, wireframes, and presenting them to clients
- Proficient in Figma
- Ability to take a client’s brief and business problems, ask the right questions, gain an understanding, synthesise and communicate research findings, and iterate towards solutions
- Ability to confidently present concepts to clients, articulate design decisions and relate them to business needs
- Ability to run design workshops with clients
- Able to work in a fast-paced delivery environment while making effective decisions, sometimes within tight time constraints
- Experience of designing for accessibility
- Experience working with design systems and frameworks
- Understanding the code implications of design decisions
- Experience of working in a fast-paced agile environment
- Experience with building HTML, CSS and JS interactive prototypes
- Experience working with large scale project management systems such as JIRA and/or Asana
Who you are:
You have an insatiable desire to break through design problems and you’re not afraid of taking the initiative.
You’ll have the self-belief that anything is possible knowing that you can work backwards from magic to produce unique, valuable design products for Dawson Andrews and its clients.
You should always have an eye on the client’s ROI with an ability to focus on what will deliver them results over distractions.
You should be passionate about building a career in digital product and developing your skills to perform alongside the best in the industry.
We're Dawson Andrews, a digital product studio born in Belfast. We have worked with startups to billion dollar e-commerce companies, we specialise in driving commercial value through digital products and services. We’re a tight knit team, regularly laughing at each other, occasionally fighting fires together and building products we are really proud of together.
- Attractive salary
- Private medical plan
- Pension scheme
- 25 days annual leave allowance plus public holidays and paid parental leave
- 2x annual company retreats
- Regular social activities