We’re looking for an experienced Senior Strategist to join our fully remote team to work on a variety of projects with focus on the technology sector for our clients in the U.S. and across the globe.
Senior Brand Strategist Overview
Wunderdogs is a brand consultancy and accomplice to high-growth companies who want to shake up their industry. We specialize in fast and focused research, strategy, graphic and web design and development. Started by former VC’s, we are a growing distributed team across the U.S. and Europe. We provide beginning-to-end design, production and strategy services to forward thinking brands in the technology space, from startups to established companies.
From one-off-digital projects to long-lasting creative campaigns, no two Wunderdogs projects are the same: if you’re a creative who enjoys variety in what you do, the diverse nature of our work is sure to keep you on your toes. We’re looking for a Senior Strategist excited by the opportunity to support our team in establishing and growing our strategy practice and elevating our work to the next level.
Our ideal candidate is a self-starter who understands the importance and impact that strategy can have on creative work. We’re looking for someone adept at working in a high paced environment and with teams of exceptionally smart, passionate (and sometimes stubborn) people - startup founders.
As a senior strategist you’ll deconstruct and reconstruct our client’s brands and will be responsible for creating the strategic foundation of the Wunderdogs brand.
Key work streams will include research, brand strategy, naming, verbal identity, messaging, copywriting, and foundational digital and content strategy. You will work directly with our clients as their trusted advisor with a high level of autonomy and ownership. This role reports directly to founding partners and works in tandem with design, marketing and client management. We are a startup ourselves and Wunderdogs is a great place for independent thinkers who value team collaboration.
We’re looking for a senior strategist who does not shy away from a challenge and is comfortable working to tight deadlines when required. You will be joining us during an exciting time and will be working on multiple client projects simultaneously. Our team is entrepreneurial, smart, hard working and fun - Wunderdogs is a challenging yet very rewarding workplace, one where your effort and passion can make a real difference to our clients.
- 4-6 years of agency experience in brand strategy and planning roles
- Experience working with startups and agile, high growth clients who will challenge you every day
- Ability (and passion) for finding solutions to strategic challenges
- Portfolio that demonstrates experience turning round, transforming, and creating brands.
- Extensive experience conducting research, processing it into key insights and writing creative briefs that are insightful, convincing, and inspiring
- Experience building fresh and differentiated brand messaging, including headlines, reasons to believe, company descriptions, and product descriptions
- Experience with naming and brand architecture
- Ability to translate a brand story into a digital experience through creative content strategy
- Ability to communicate design concepts and systems
- Ability to write compelling, effective copy for websites, apps, packaging, and other collateral
- You can successfully guide work from start to finish, collaborating closely across disciplines
- You’re a skilled presenter and can build trusting relationships with clients
- You are comfortable working with West Coast (we require at least 4-5 hrs intersection with PST office hours, e.g. 8AM-12 or 1PM PST)
- Diverse team (San Francisco, Seattle, Montevideo, Edinburgh, London, Nairobi, Belgrade, Moscow, Beijing)
- Impactful projects from all over the globe
- Project-based bonuses
- Fully remote (travelling is encouraged)
- Highly cooperative team that encourages professional growth and self-development
- Salary is commensurate with experience and market rate at candidate's location
How to apply
To apply, send us an email to email@example.com with your CV and qualifications titled "Senior Brand Strategist Candidate - If You Could".