BIG is a group of 500+ architects, engineers, urbanists, inventors, researchers and business minds from all over the world who are based in our New York, Copenhagen, London, Barcelona and Shenzhen offices. Our built work ranges from the most diverse urban playground and Michelin-star dining - to affordable housing that feels everything but, and a school among the verdant fjords of the Faroe Islands. Our vision spans traveling at supersonic speed with Hyperloop One, to living in floating cities, and eventually Mars! While we are led by a group of expert partners, directors and associates - a flat hierarchy and collaborative spirit are essential to our BIG ecosystem. We share our collective knowledge and expansive network through study trips and educational workshops – BIG Schools offer in-house lessons, while BIG Picture brings in industry experts to inspire and invigorate. We are infectiously ambitious and unified by the shared mission to craft the world we want to live in, and to give form to our future, one project at a time.
Our London office is growing at a rapid pace and we are therefore on the lookout for an ambitious and hands-on Front Office Coordinator to join the Office & Community team and help with the daily running of the studio.
As the Front Office Coordinator, you will be the first point of contact for visitors and staff arriving to our office, and you will be instrumental in creating a memorable experience by providing high levels of hospitality. Maintaining an overview and juggling many tasks simultaneously is a big part of the job, hence understanding the needs of the office, being proactive, as well as having an acute sense of urgency and be service minded is important to fulfil the role. No task is too small, and no ambition is too great.
You will be based in our London office together with 95+ fantastic BIGsters and you will be reporting to the Office and Community Manager. You will become part of an international, fast-paced, and highly creative office milieu, where no two days are ever the same. Occasional weekend attention and late afternoons/evenings can occur, so flexibility is important and thriving in a busy environment is key!
Join us on this mission if you are an Front Office Coordinator who enjoys:
- Welcoming and entertaining all office guests and clients
- Covering the front desk during business hours, while being the first and last point of contact for all staff and visitors
- Ensuring the office is presentable, inviting, and inspiring
- Receiving, monitoring, and actioning the office reception email
- Handling all incoming phone calls in a polite and professional manner
- Distributing incoming mail and arranging courier deliveries
- Coordinating and booking meeting rooms, arranging refreshments, and ensuring all meetings rooms are cleaned after each meeting
- Managing breakfast, lunch and dinner orders for office staff and office meetings, including making restaurants bookings for project teams and/or client meetings as necessary
- Monitoring and maintaining stationary stock, office provisions and food supplies
- Providing support with travel arrangements and visa bookings to the wider Office & Community Team in accordance with the company travel policy
- Handing various administrative tasks and document filling
- Providing support to the Office & Community Manager with office parties and other office events (Friday bars, CPD events, site visits, annual summer and Christmas parties, client events etc.)
- Supporting the Office & Community Manager with ad-hoc tasks and special projects
We seek a person who:
- Demonstrates clear and concise English written and verbal communication, with excellent interpersonal skills
- Has 1-2 years of relevant experience in a similar role, preferably from within the creative sector
- Has strong proficiency of the Microsoft Package and Outlook (Aconex and InDesign is a plus)
- Is organised, structured and has an eye for detail
- Is calm, focused and capable of multi-tasking and prioritizing independently
- Is service-minded, positive and trustworthy
- Is ambitious, hands-on and loves to take initiative
- Is proactive and completes tasks with a sense of urgency
- Enjoys a busy and creative environment with many personalities
This job description reflects the core activities of the role and is not intended to be either prescriptive or exhaustive; it is issued as a framework to outline the main areas of responsibility at the time of writing. There is a requirement for the post holder to recognize this and adopt a flexible approach to work.
How to apply
Please upload your CV, cover letter and suitable references via the link below. We will contact you if your profile matches our requirements. We are looking to fill this vacancy as soon as possible.
This is a full-time position based out of BIG’s London office. You must have permission to live and work in the UK.
The salary for the role will be subject to relevant experience and qualifications.