We are looking for a Senior Designer to join our in-house Creative Team of 4. We are responsible for making sure that both PROPER and Eat Real are seen as highly relevant, and engaging snack brands. We produce everything in-house, from our packaging to our brand campaigns and everything in between. And you will play a big part in making sure that everything that leaves our doors looks great and makes people feel good.
The right person will be:
- Experienced across all areas of the creative process. Able to turn your hand to strategy and concepting. Storytelling and copywriting. Designing and artworking.
- Comfortable working autonomously and in collaboration with others (including cross functionally).
- Experienced in leading and managing others, with their fulfilment and development top of your priority list.
- A confident and persuasive communicator, in person and in writing.
- Passionate about bringing the outside in. Tapped into culture.
- Able to work reactively and quickly, in an ambitious and fast-paced environment.
- Obsessed with detail.
- Up for it. Energetic, passionate and proactive. A team player.
As Senior Designer you will work closely with the Creative Director to shape the direction of both the PROPER and Eat Real brands and its future snack ranges, across a multitude of touchpoints. You will play an active role in the wider Creative Team, guiding other designers to unlock each project’s creative potential.
- Support the Creative Director to creatively deliver our innovation pipeline: building sub-brands and bringing them to life across every touch point from packaging > activation.
- Support the Creative Director to deliver big bold brand activity that puts both PROPER and Eat Real, on the map. And keeps us there.
- Lead the design roll out of the above. Guiding the Creative Team to ensure we turn up in a way that is distinctively PROPER. And distinctively Eat Real.
- A driver and heavy lifter of creative output. Applying your design-thinking across all stages of the creative process. From research > strategy > design direction > copywriting > execution > artworking.
- Be the go-to for creative sign-off on all day-to-day design output. Ensuring that it is seamlessly in line with both the PROPER and Eat Real tone and aesthetic.
- Manage and support the growth of one direct report.
- Work closely with the Creative Studio Manager to bring in the right freelance creatives and collaborators when needed.
- Brief and art-direct freelance talent or agencies as necessary (i.e. illustrators / animators / photographers).
- At least 6 years industry experience in a creative role. This must include experience working on branding and packaging.
- Multi-talented. We’re a small team and we create all sorts (brands, packaging, photography, animation, ad campaigns, brand partnerships, PowerPoint decks, FSDUs). So the more things you like to do, the better.
- Great ideas that demonstrate an understanding of what’s culturally relevant and what will “stick”.
- Strong copywriter.
- A lover of craft. A brilliant eye for detail. And a passion for the little things that make the difference.
- If you can animate, that’s a plus!
About PROPER + Eat Real:
PROPER and Eat Real were born out of a belief that healthy snacks should taste great. In 2021, we joined forces to fire up the healthy snacking revolution. To set the bar for how better, more sustainable, snacking is done. In coming together, we supercharge our vision to take better for you snacking global. So there has never been a more exciting time to join the team.
When we’re not navigating a pandemic and working from home, you’ll find us in canal-side offices in east London. A 10-minute walk from Angel and Old Street, HQ is home to 50 of our team. We’re also the proud owners of a shiny new factory in Nuneaton. Here you’ll find more of our team – the movers and makers - who keep our snacks on the shelves. Creative Pool previously awarded us “Best Brand to work for”, and we plan to keep it that way.
PROPER is an equal opportunities employer and we do not discriminate on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
How to apply
If this sounds like the role and team for you, please send your portfolio, CV and a short cover note to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also let Becky know if there is anything we can do to accommodate you to participate fully in the recruitment or interview process.