Bakken & Bæck is a digital product development studio working out of Oslo, Amsterdam, Bonn and London. In close collaboration with ambitious clients, we design and build digital solutions and businesses from end to end. You might have seen our work for Vipps, Coinbase, IKEA Everyday Experiments, and Bee Home, or perhaps stumbled across some of our own previous ventures like Wake or Orbit.
When we are not making world-class digital products, we are dedicated to making a friendly and inclusive workplace. Things are a little different in a pandemic, but normally we do trips, conferences and events together on a regular basis, and we are always committed to cultivate a company that embraces differences. We strongly believe in flexibility, and know that creativity doesn’t necessarily always happen between 9 and 5.
At Bakken & Bæck you’ll be given a lot of freedom while translating complicated problems into easy-to-use products. This means managing your own priorities, trying out new things and working a flexible hours' scheme. We continue to make sure everyone has what they need to do their best work.
Design is at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for an experienced Product Designer to join our design team. Here, you’ll be responsible for strategy and concept development, researching user and business needs, and designing elegant, easy-to-use solutions to meet those needs. You'll play a key part along with product owners in seeing a project through: from the very first brief to launch and beyond.
Your role will focus on all parts of the digital design process — right from defining the product through to crafting beautiful, easy-to-use interfaces and prototypes. We’re looking for someone who enjoys tackling complex problems, and designing smart and simple solutions for digital products.
It’s important to us that you’re happy being a team player who can collaborate well with developers, clients, and other designers. And as an experienced member of the team, you’ll be happy to provide feedback and mentorship to the growing design team. You’ll also have the relevant experience to get involved with any future hiring efforts.
- 5+ years experience with high quality digital product design on multiple platforms
- A strong ability to turn business requirements, stakeholder goals, and user needs into solutions
- Experience designing user flows and interactions for complex digital products
- Experience working on every phase of the product design process
- Strong communication skills: you can articulately explain and document your process, present your work and communicate your design decisions
- Experience taking a lead design role on a project where other designers are involved
- Proficiency in Sketch/Figma and the ability to see what tools fit the job
Perks and Benefits
We take great pride in making Bakken & Bæck a friendly and inclusive workplace, and we care for both your professional and personal well-being. Here are some of the things you can expect if you join us:
- Doing things together : Working across offices, we like to get together as often as we can. Yearly trips, meet-ups, parties, dinners or even work on an interesting project. We’ve previously hosted a one-day conference called An Interesting Day and we have an event series called DDD (Define, Design, Develop) where we invite people from different industries to talk about a specific theme.
- Power your own ideas : Do you have a project you've always dreamed of? A company you admire, or a problem you are dying to solve? At BB you'll have a say in what projects we take on.
- Remote when you need : Currently a lot of our team members are working from home due to the pandemic. However once things return to normal, you’ll still be very welcome to occasionally work remotely. We try our best to keep location from obstructing our cross office collaboration.
- Parental leave and baby bonus : We got the moms and dads in the company to design our very own “baby kit”, that includes a £2000 bonus, so you can get a head start on your new parental adventures.
- Keep it healthy : We provide an extensive support package that includes a solid health insurance, sponsored therapy sessions, access to physiological treatment and a lot more.
- Conferences and courses : You'll get a yearly budget of €1500 to go wherever you need to stay inspired and learn new things.
To get a better feel for what we care about as a company, our perks and work philosophy, check out our Company Handbook.