- $160 – $280 / Day
- Entry Level, Junior, Midweight
- Job Posted
- Applications Close
Brighter Work is a soon-to-launch podcast that interviews the people behind today's most exciting purpose-driven companies and non-profits, such as 1% for the Planet, Blueland, Cotopaxi, MiiR, and more. By asking people in hard-to-reach positions, how they got there and what they do, we aim to shed light on what it means to work for a company that truly "does good."
Start date: as soon as possible, but we have some flexibility.
Ideal Candidate: Enjoys writing and is confident in their ability to draft captions for social posts & newsletters, short scripts to introduce new podcast episodes, and more. A strong interest in social media is needed, and an ability to stick to agreed-upon deadlines and an eye for detail is a must.
Project timeline: This is an ongoing contract with no set end date. We are looking for someone who is interested in helping us out for around 6-12 hours a month, usually divided up by a few hours a week. Flexibility is needed, but we provide flexibility in return—if you have a busy week coming up at your full-time job, no problem, just let us know ahead of time. We are an open and collaborative small team, and we'll routinely check in to ensure we're on the same page and that the workload is both manageable and enjoyable.
Compensation: We work on an hourly basis, and do not hire for a full day. Hourly rate is $20 - $35 USD based on experience.
How to apply
How to apply:
- Subject line: First & Last Name // Copywriter Application
- Introduce yourself and share, in a couple of sentences, why you're interested in sustainability and what makes you excited about Brighter Work's mission.
- In lieu of a cover letter, please include 1-2 copy examples in the body of the email. If you would like to include more than 1-2 examples, please attach a portfolio.
- Please ensure that your 1-2 examples are short copy, ideally used for social media, and similar to our line of work. Ie. copy sent to PR for a product launch (not ideal), copy for an event that was used on social media (ideal!)
- Note: if you don't have these examples already in your portfolio, feel free to make up a fictional podcast and draft 1-2 Instagram captions for a new episode from said fictional podcast.
- No cover letter is needed, but please attach your resume.
- Send your application to: email@example.com, and address your application to Tate.
- We are a small team and can't respond to each application, but we do read every single application (:
- If selected to move forward in our application process, you will be asked to draft 2 social media captions and 1 more item, such as a script for a reel. This will be paid.
Please note that applications that do not follow the above will not be considered.