We have an opening for a brand-savvy, creative digital designer to join our team. Working as part of the digital team, you’ll collaborate with members of the digital and brand teams to help define, craft and bring brands to life in digital spaces.
At Fiasco Design we blend brand and digital to solve problems in unexpected ways. We promote – and actively seek – ideas-based creativity. Our multi-disciplinary team work closely together and with our clients partners to deliver meaningful and engaging work.
We’re a close knit team of 14. We believe in the power of teams and that when you bring a group of creative minds together, great things happen. We foster an open and inclusive studio culture that promotes creative thinking.
We work across a number of different sectors including tech, arts & culture, education, sustainability and charities, for clients ranging from Microsoft to National Trust, Just Eat to Good Energy.
Why the job exists?
Over the past 6-12 months we’ve seen significant growth within digital and have expanded our digital team. This is an exciting opportunity, and you’ll have a chance to help build and shape our digital offer, and how it ties in to our wider brand work.
Working within our digital team will give you the opportunity to get really stuck into projects, with involvement from start to finish. Being part of a small digital team and working under direction, will allow you to develop your skills in UX, UI and interaction design. You’ll be expected to take ideas from pen and paper to executing pixel perfect designs and interactions. We’ll push you and we want you to push us.
Before applying for the role please take a look over our portfolio and make sure you’re the right fit for the role and what we do. We don’t want to waste your time or ours.
The ideal candidate...
- Will have a minimum of 3 years experience working in digital, with a proven track record of working within an agency environment.
- Will have a strong portfolio of work showing high fidelity wireframes and designs that demonstrate both creative and technical abilities.
- Will have a can-do attitude and willingness to collaborate on ‘how’ tasks are completed, in terms of process, but also testing and learning new tools, technology and techniques too.
- Will have an acute attention to detail with a strong understanding and value of great art direction, and ability to refine key visual elements such as typography and imagery.
- Will be proficient in Figma and Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Will be an excellent communicator able to understand, question and articulate design rationale.
- Will have a growth-mindset, always looking to learn, listen to feedback and develop.
- Will be genuinely passionate about the craft and integrity of your work, and it’s faithful implementation.
- Will be extremely organised and able to manage their own time – smashing deadlines and expectations.
- Will be determined, considered and conscientious.
- Will be confident and willing to take risks in the name of creativity.
- Will be a natural team player with a personable attitude, bringing the team and the client along for the journey, always with a positive energy.
An advantage to have would be…
- Proven experience in UX design and prototyping for websites.
- An understanding of front-end coding techniques and modern web languages.
- A basic understanding of web accessibility principles and techniques.
- Experience in After Effects (or a similar motion graphics platform).
- Experience using WordPress CMS.
- Working with a fantastic team made up of wonderful people.
- Working out of a beautiful studio near the centre of Bristol with flexible working hours, including WFH days.
- The opportunity to work on a variety of projects for exciting brands.
- 25+ days holiday (+ bank holidays).
- Adjusted 4-day week over summer holidays (‘Summer Hours’).
- Company pension scheme.
- Bike to work scheme.
- On the job training programme.
- Annual team trip and monthly social events.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, then we want to hear from you. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following:
Subject line: I’d like to apply for the Midweight Digital Designer role
Body: In 5x bullet points, describe why you’re the best person for the job and what you’d bring to the team.
Please keep cover letters short and attach an up-to-date CV, plus a link to your twitter/instagram accounts – if you have them.