Inktrap is an independent product design and development team based in London, with clients ranging from tech startups to multinational businesses. We thrive on solving complex problems in elegant and practical ways.
We pride ourselves on our collaborative process, supportive environment and practical approach. Our team is friendly, motivated and cares deeply about delivering quality products. Everyone in the studio contributes to developing our process and has a say in how we work.
About the role
We're looking for a Digital Product Designer to join our team and deliver beautiful and practical UX and UI designs.
Here's some examples of the sort of thing you'd be doing day-to-day:
- Designing beautiful and accessible user interfaces for web and mobile apps
- Drawing up wireframes and user flows, and creating interactive prototypes to test them with target users
- Helping to plan and execute user interviews to understand how we can best meet user needs
- Collaborating with developers to ensure that designs are implemented to a high standard
- Presenting things you've learned back to the team as part of our weekly design team chat
- Communicating directly with clients to understand business requirements
What we're looking for
We hire people who are considerate, enthusiastic, and really care about having a positive impact on the people who use our products.
For this role we're looking for people who:
- Have practical experience designing websites or apps (e.g. past role, placement year, personal projects, or freelance work)
- Can demonstrate a solid understanding of design fundamentals through their work
- Communicate clearly and efficiently, both on calls and in writing
- Care deeply about producing designs that have a positive impact on users
- Have tons of initiative and a good eye for detail
- Show enthusiasm for learning new skills and techniques
This role would be ideal for a recent graduate from a digital design or media degree programme, or someone looking to build on their recent experience designing digital products.
We know our team isn't diverse enough at the moment and we're actively trying to change this. No matter who you are, if you're a good fit for the role we want to hear from you.
Team and benefits
Our team is friendly, motivated and cares deeply about creating quality products. Everyone in the studio contributes to developing our process and has a say in how we work.
We're a calm and collaborative company, and we value our team. Our benefits include:
- Varied work on a range of interesting projects and services
- Flat structure with no ego, and lots of autonomy
- 27 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays)
- Flexible working hours (most of the team do 9:30am to 6pm)
- No overtime, ever
- Annual budget for conferences, books and other resources to help develop your skills
- Up-to-date Mac with admin rights and any other equipment you need
- £25-30k, dependent on your level in our progression framework
Learn more about what it's like to work at Inktrap at inktrap.co.uk/join
How to apply
If the role sounds like a good fit for you please click the link below and complete our short application form. We'll be reviewing and responding to applications as they come in.
We'll invite successful applicants to a short call to discuss the role. If you proceed to the next stage we'll schedule a longer call so you can tell us more about your work.
Important things to note when applying:
- You must be eligible to work in the UK
- We're currently 100% remote due to COVID-19 but you'd be expected to work at least part of the week from a studio in London in future
- This role will remain open until it has been filled, which means there isn't a particular closing date for applications