You’re a wordsmith with at least 2 years experience. You love to write powerful copy, you love cats and, let’s be real, you know a lot (a lot) of words. But most of all, you want to use your literary power for good – with a start-up that changes lives. Well, welcome to KatKin, where you can help change the cat food industry and save the lives of cats everywhere.
What we do at KatKin
For uncompromising cat parents who want the best, KatKin goes hardcore for cat health. We make the UK’s only fresh cat food: 100% human-quality meat, gently cooked, and frozen for freshness.
Where the competition cuts corners, catfishes customers and puts profits over health, we put cat wellbeing first. No shortcuts. No secret recipes. We’re cutting the fluff, thinking fresh and channelling hardcore love into industry-wide change. So cats live long and cat parents can love hard without compromise.
Why you’ll love working with us
We’re all-in for cats, and it shows: our energy will blow you away from day one. You’ll be surrounded by knowledgeable scientists, big creative thinkers, astute business brains, and a whole team of hardcore cat parents. All on a mission to make hardcore love the new standard in cat care – with a fresh take on every product in the cat industry.
All about your role
As our new Midweight Copywriter, you’ll be keen to flex your claws on every kind of writing – be it a witty social post, a powerful webpage, or an insightful blog or two. And no matter how long or short the copy, you’ll put the same love, humour and bold confidence into every single word.
You’ll write words that bring in and educate new customers, grabbing their attention and capturing their heart. While also delighting current customers who already love our brand and our mission. And in everything you do, you’ll love and embrace the pace here – putting your passion into your work and seeing it go live, again and again, to an audience that’s booming day by day.
Plus, with our Copy and Storytelling Lead to learn from and the whole Creative team to support and inspire your work, you’ll always push for better in what you do. Constantly seeking inspiration, you’ll stay up to date with the latest D2C trends and ideas, the best social content and email marketing – and of course, the funniest memes for cat parents.
Key ownership areas:
Championing our tone of voice – you’ll live and breathe it in every piece of work
Rallying hardcore cat parents with exceptional writing across everything from in-box leaflets, to paid and organic social, to emails and event collateral
Bringing imaginative, innovative ideas to the table in your work with the rest of the Creative team – not just words, but visual ideas too
Proofreading and having an eye on the detail with a focus on good grammar
What you need
- 2+ years experience in a copywriter role, where words, grammar and punctuation are your bread and butter: you write clear, concise and flawless copy every time
- Meticulous proofreading skills – you never let a spliced comma pass you by
- A good sense of humour: you’re witty and bold when the situation calls for it
- The empathy to put yourself in the shoes of cat parents
- You’re all-in for cats: you’ve ideally got one (or five) of your own and you care about putting their health first
What we offer:
- Career defining opportunity in being instrumental to scaling our brand, fast
- Meaningful equity in a fast growing, early-stage business
- No egos and a small close-knit team
- 25 days of holiday every year plus your birthday off
- 4 week WFA (work from anywhere) policy
- 1-2 days WFH every week
- 12-weeks paternity / maternity leave
- Discount on KatKin fresh meals
- Comprehensive AXA health insurance including optical and dental
- Yearly personal development budget
- Company pension
- Office popcorn,soft drinks and all the tea and coffee you can drink, fresh fruit, great banter and a cat (and dog) friendly office