We are looking for an experienced Design Director to join the Sunhouse team.
We are Sunhouse, a positively different brand design agency. We believe in people before egos, creativity before wealth, partners before clients and a smile before work.
Our client roster includes some of the biggest global names in FMCG alongside some of the most exciting, up-and-coming challenger brands around.
We are a highly-creative, hands-on team. We love positive, collaborative people who thrive on getting stuck in and working hard.
About the Position
It’s nearly impossible to express how absolutely crucial it is to have a solid design director on your team – but we’re going to try…
The design director provides invaluable right-hand and right-brain support to the creative director, helping to navigate the team in delivering creative solutions that hit the brief and go beyond expectations. With talent, skills and vision, they can recognise the raw potential of a project and bring it to light by inspiring and motivating their team with clarity and confidence. They’ve got the collaborative spirit needed to work on global projects for multinational brands as well as entrepreneurial challengers, and are willing to dig in and do the work needed to ensure a project is successful. Sticklers for detail, they make it a point of personal integrity to uphold the highest creative standards.
Ideal candidates will have the following:
- A Stunning Portfolio: Filled with design work that makes you proud and makes our hearts skip a beat.
- Industry Experience: 8+ years with a FMCG packaging-focused brand design agency.
- Think Slow, Think Fast: Able to bring strategic thinking to all stages of the process, whilst also being able to ideate on their feet in front of clients.
- Leadership Skills: Confident in their approach in providing positive motivation and mentorship to less experienced designers.
- A Positive Outlook: A friendly face with thick skin and an unrelenting enthusiasm for brilliant design.
Our new Design Director will receive all the industry-standard perks they’d expect, as well as actual work-life balance in a world-class studio that’s a stone’s throw away from the shores of Cornwall and the mountains of Wales.
Are you ready for something Positively Different?