Ben Prescott Design is a London-based graphic design studio working across identity, exhibition, packaging, and book design projects. Founded by Ben Prescott in 2019, BPD’s clients include Marfa Stance, V&A, National Trust, Heatherwick Studio, Timothy Taylor Gallery, Thames and Hudson, Berber & Q, Club Mexicana, and Brinkworth Design.
Ben was Creative Director and Designer at Studio Frith from 2009 to 2019, where he worked on projects for clients including Roksanda, V&A, Guggenheim NY, Alexa Chung, Hayward Gallery, and Studioilse. He was a guest lecturer at the Typography Summer School 2018 and 2019.
We’re looking for a talented and enthusiastic junior designer to join our growing studio based at Hackney Bridge in east London.
Working directly with the Founding Director and alongside two other Designers, tasks will include research and development of design ideas and concepts, design application across print and digital media, artworking, and seeing projects through to final production.
Our ideal candidate will have 3–6 months of experience working in a studio or agency environment, have a flair for typography, an eye for detail, and be a good communicator and collaborator with the team and with our clients.
We are a young studio, and as such we are interested to hear from people who are keen to learn and develop their skills as the studio grows, enjoy working in a small team and directly with clients, and have a flexible approach to working across different types of projects. This role is a studio-based position.
Experience and skills required
- A portfolio that shows creative concepts, design application, and final outcomes.
- Degree or equivalent in graphic design or visual communication.
- 3–6 months experience in an agency or studio environment.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite of programs, specifically InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
Desirable skills and experience
- Type design and working knowledge of FontLab
- Website design and a working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Motion design and animation, such as a working knowledge of After Effects
Location, hours, salary
Studio-based, 9.30–6.30pm Monday to Friday, Hackney Bridge in the Olympic Park – close to Stratford, Hackney Wick, and Leyton.
Starting salary of £23,000 per annum, initial six month contract with a view to extend to permanent full time role at the end of the contract.