An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Packaging Designer at The Conran Shop in London. We are a leading luxury design retailer offering a covetable edit of furniture, lighting, home accessories and gifts from some of the most respected and up-and-coming designers around the world.
In March last year, British businessman Javad Marandi OBE acquired the business from Sir Terence Conran with a vision to continue his legacy and ensure that his work and guiding principles endure for generations to come; this is a great moment in the history of our iconic brand, and we look ahead to a bright future.
About the Role
Working within our busy in-house Graphics team, you will play a leading role in creating and overseeing packaging across the whole business, from online to our stores. You will also assist on various other graphic design projects working across press, marketing, e-commerce and PR. Your responsibilities will include:
- Being a custodian of the brand in print across all areas of the business
- Overseeing packaging designs for own-brand products, from product packaging to delivery boxes
- Ensuring that all packaging is consistent, enthralling and on-brand
- Using creative thinking and strategies to produce visually engaging packaging designs
- Managing the entire printing process, including costs, procurement, and supplier liaison
- A minimum of three years' experience
- A rich commercial packaging portfolio with evidence of finished outcomes, conceptual thinking, and sketches
- A selection of print and paper contacts from the industry, with complete commercial roles
- Strong creative idea creation, illustrative, design layout, and typography skills
- An emphasis on, and excellent attention to, visual detail
- A strong track record of working with Adobe Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator, Dimension and Blender
- Someone who always has their finger on the pulse and knows how to solve every problem
- An understanding of, and respect for, recycled materials and championing eco-responsibility
- An organised and adaptable worker, managing a busy workload in a fast-paced environment
- Confident communication skills and managing multiple projects at once
- Experience with luxury packaging in a retail environment or similar is an advantage
We welcome applications from people from diverse backgrounds and cultures. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, disability, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender re-assignment and gender identity, marriage and civil partnership.
Unfortunately, we cannot respond personally to every applicant, but if your profile is selected for the next stage of the recruitment process, we will contact you by email.
How to apply
Thank you for your interest in the role. In the first instance, please send your CV and portfolio indicating your salary expectation to email@example.com.