Product Designer (UX/UI)
Inktrap is an independent product design and development team based in London, with clients ranging from tech startups to multinational businesses. We thrive on solving complex problems in elegant and practical ways.
We pride ourselves on our collaborative process, supportive environment and practical approach. Our team is friendly, motivated and cares deeply about delivering quality products. Everyone in the studio contributes to developing our process and has a say in how we work.
About the role
We're looking for a Product Designer to join our team and deliver beautiful and practical UX and UI designs.
Here are some examples of the kind of thing you'd be doing day-to-day:
- Designing beautiful and accessible user interfaces for web and mobile apps
- Drawing up wireframes and user flows, and creating interactive prototypes to test them with target users
- Planning and facilitating client workshops, user interviews and discovery activities to understand how we can best meet user needs
- Collaborating with developers to ensure that designs are implemented to a high standard
- Working directly with clients to understand business requirements and help shape the future of their products
- Helping other team members improve their work through mentoring sessions, and by providing constructive, actionable feedback
- Presenting things you've learned back to the team as part of our weekly team chat
- Representing the design team at Inktrap in meetings with potential clients
What we're looking for
We hire people who are considerate, enthusiastic, and really care about having a positive impact on the people who use the products we design and build.
For this role we're looking for people who:
- Have at least 3 years experience in an agency or tech startup environment
- Have an excellent understanding of user-centered design principles and their real world applications
- Have practical experience designing complex digital products with Figma, Sketch, Adobe XD or similar
- Communicate their design decisions in a clear and efficient way, both on calls and in writing
- Care deeply about producing designs that have a positive impact on users
- Have tons of initiative and a good eye for detail
- Are interested in mentoring junior team members and helping to improve their skills
- Are always learning and challenging their own thinking
We know our team isn't diverse enough at the moment and we're actively trying to change this. No matter who you are, if you're a good fit for the role we want to hear from you.
Team and benefits
Our team is friendly, motivated and cares deeply about producing quality products. Everyone in the studio contributes to developing our process and has a say in how we work.
We're a calm and collaborative company, and we value our team. Our benefits include:
- £38-44k, dependent on your level in our progression framework, with reviews every 6 months so pay increases inline with your skills
- Varied work on a range of interesting projects and services
- Frequent exciting team socials and activities
- 27 days holiday each year (plus bank holidays)
- Fully remote or hybrid working available - whether from our London studio or from home, it’s up to you where you work
- Flexible working hours (most of the team do 9:30am to 6pm)
- Flat structure with no ego, and lots of autonomy
- No unpaid overtime, ever
- Annual £500 budget for conferences, books and other resources to help develop your skills
- Up-to-date Mac with admin rights and any other equipment you need
- Support through regular 1:1 mentoring sessions with a more senior team member
- The opportunity to mentor more junior team members
- Carbon footprint offsetting with Ecologi for all your personal and work related emissions
- ‘Sandwich Day’ - free lunch on Fridays in the studio
Learn more about what it's like to work at Inktrap at inktrap.co.uk/join