A little about us and the Senior 3D motion designer role
Rokabye is an independent creative agency specialising in brand & campaign design, CG, animation & post production. We infuse motion with meaning to bring brands to life. Large or small.
We’re a young company, niche in approach, that strives to inspire new ideas and ways of thinking. At our heart is a tight knit, warm, friendly and extremely collaborative team.
We’re a company that is built on respect, honesty and creative passion and we’re looking to expand the team with a hungry, talented, senior 3D motion designer to help raise the studio’s output and propel us forward in what is an exciting time for the business.
Motion designers at Rokabye are intrinsic in helping us create original, exciting and beautiful creative solutions.
You’ll bring drive, a hunger to impart technical skills to more junior members of the team, a great aesthetic eye and a problem-solving mindset. Your portfolio will demonstrate this and originality in abundance.
A bit more detail?
We’re looking for a kind and considerate team player. Happy to get involved, truly be a part of, and continue to grow something special.
You will have a passion for storytelling with a desire to learn, push boundaries and construct well considered, appropriate, moving creative. We strive to bring originality to all our work and you will be a key member of the team helping us to achieve this. The role is multi-faceted, fast-paced and requires a high level of initiative, intelligence and experience as we work across multiple sectors and creative disciplines.
You’ll build strong relationships and work well within a team. We’re after an adaptable, energetic mind who thinks big and has the technical and craft skills to match. We offer a collaborative, supportive environment, prioritising personal and creative development.
Ambition, drive, energy, curiosity and a “can-do” attitude are all welcomed.
The Day to day
- Designing for motion, both graphic and filmic
- Helping formulate project approaches alongside the Senior creative team
- Modelling, Animation (2D and 3D), Compositing and VFX
- Help drive the creative output of the studio, pushing boundaries, conceptually, visually and technically
- Help projects to run smoothly, being aware of timings, deliverables and workflow
- Ensure compliance with deadlines and design standards
- Liaising with colleagues and where relevant external suppliers
- Presenting concept designs internally and subsequently externally (experience dependant)
- Staying up-to-date with industry trends and programs
- Help to grow the studio reputation both actively, with existing clients and pro-actively with publications and creative media
- Plus any Ad hoc requirements that may be reasonably required
Your experience and approach
We’re looking for someone with at least 5 years experience in a motion studio, post house or similarly creative environment. We’re after someone who brings their own ideas and ways of doing things to the table, to help us build our offering and diversify our approach. The role requires someone with a nurturing side, taking an active role within the design team, imparting knowledge and helping to coach those you work with. You will:
- Have a grounding in design and design theory
- Be a natural multi-tasker, someone who thrives in a busy and varied environment
- Be a strong, empathetic communicator; building trusted relationships with both the wider team
- Have strong diplomacy skills with a clear sense of confidentiality and sensitivity to boundaries
- Be efficient and able to adapt to processes and systems easily
- Have strong organisational and time management skills
- Be able to work through complex and multiple work streams
- Be approachable, transparent and a friendly person
- Have extensive knowledge of the post production pipeline
- Apply a rigorous attention to detail
- Think technically and strategically where relevant
- Be passionate, self-motivated and enthusiastic
- Highly skilled in Cinema4D, After Effects, Nuke/Fusion and a strong working knowledge of Houdini is a must.
- An interest in Unreal Engine and a keen interest in any new tools and technologies is welcome.
Original thinkers with strong points of view who value professional and personal development, please do apply. There is room to grow here, with dedicated time given to learning every week.
We look to foster an environment where the only limit to what’s achievable is our imagination. Our culture is key and without our staff, we’re nothing. You’d be joining a truly caring, warm environment. We want you to develop and grow alongside us. We offer:
- Competitive salary
- Flexible working hours and work from home options
- Pension plan
- Regular training and learning opportunities with time dedicated each week
- 28 days holiday per year + a day off on your birthday plus a Christmas shutdown to recharge
- Regular social engagements (taking into account Covid)
- Small but incredibly talented team with opportunity to make your mark and take a lead
If you want to play an intrinsic role for a young company with an exciting and growing client base, this could be what you’re looking for.
How to apply
If you feel that you meet the criteria to be our Senior 3D Motion Designer, then please apply by sending us a link to your reel along with a CV and salary expectations to email@example.com with the reference ‘Senior Motion Designer’ in your email subject.
Due to the high volume of applicants, we regret we won’t be able to respond everyone. If you have not heard from us within six weeks then please consider your application unsuccessful.
Thanks, and good luck!