Hingston Studio is an award-winning, independent creative studio, specialising in design and art direction.
The studio’s portfolio spans a broad spectrum of sectors; from fashion and beauty, to music, art and film, technology, automotive and architecture.
Placing critical thinking, imagination and craft at the heart of our practice, we strive to create work that is intelligent, dynamic and beautiful. Our cultural DNA continues to inform our working synthesis – we are a collective team of designers, writers, strategists, editors, and filmmakers; creating worlds and experiences that have the power to provoke and inspire.
We are looking for a talented senior graphic designer to join our multi-disciplinary team. Working closely under the leadership of the Creative Director and Design Director the candidate would be responsible for every stage of a project's lifecycle – from gathering wide-reaching references and crafting creative design solutions, through to meticulous artworking and print production.
• Pursue and maintain a high level of craft with exceptional attention to detail across numerous projects
• Support the Creative Director and Design Director to ensure work is dynamic and thoughtful, delivered on time and to a client's brief, and crafted to the highest standard
• Oversee work by junior members of the design team
• Apply and co-ordinate design delivery across all touch points
• 5+ years agency experience
• A demonstration of holistic design solutions with beautiful execution. Your portfolio should show experimentation, system thinking and dynamism
• Excellent knowledge of Adobe CS and Sketch
• An intelligent, organised and varied approach to idea generation
• Exceptional eye for typography & layout
• Autonomous and self motivated, but able to collaborate and take creative direction
• Excellent knowledge of photography and print
• Excellent communication and presentation skills
• Detail orientated, self-motivated, organised & able to multi-task
• Adept at working seamlessly across print and digital
• Energetic and enthusiastic
• An active interest in design, culture and communication
We are a highly collaborative studio; this role will therefore be a good fit for an individual who thrives working both in teams and independently – from idea generation through to design development, formatting and delivery. Above all the candidate should have a strong dedication and passion for culture and design.
Note: Salary is dependent on experience