If you love all things web related and would like a new position that encourages you to push the boundaries, then this is for you!
The Role - A fantastic opportunity has opened up for a talented, energetic WordPress developer wishing to get in on the ground floor of our fast-paced journey and help us maintain and further develop our reputation within the IT channel. As a growing agency you will have a real opportunity to help shape our future as well as your own.
The Company - Based in Kingston upon Thames, but servicing clients throughout the UK, Bite IT Marketing is an agency specialising in bringing new and innovative marketing and campaign concepts to the IT channel. You will be joining a friendly, but hardworking team with a unique culture that many may prefer over that of larger firms. We are very excited to have recently been ‘highly commended’ at the CRN Awards for best channel marketing agency and been finalists in Best Channel Market Agency for the last 3 consecutive years.
Job Description - A WordPress Developer with proven experience in the field, you will have the ability to take the lead on projects and visualise the final solution with little direction, as well as being comfortable with communicating the story and direction to stakeholders. With at least 3 years professional experience, you will be really passionate about web development and have a blazing desire to stay on top of new technologies and practices. You'll be hardworking, talented and passionate about solving technical problems.
What are we looking for?
- 3+ Years Experience
- A strong portfolio of work
- Excellent knowledge of HTML + CSS
- Adobe Creative Suite Knowledge (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Experience developing cross-browser responsive websites
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility and Security
- Familiarity with Advanced Custom Fields (ACF)
Bonus points if you’re familiar with
- Take the lead on website projects working closely with our Account Managers and Creative Department
- Set up WordPress sites on a server, install, config, core plugins, etc.
- Updating and fixing issues on a number of existing client sites
- Taking design concepts to replicate into WordPress
- Develop custom coded WordPress themes using well tested methodologies
- Test your work on a wide variety of devices to deliver error free work
- Site speed optimisation testing
- Helping the team with additional technical knowledge
- Ability to jump into plugin code and fix issues
- Analyse and develop streamlined workflows
- Troubleshoot any and all issues with websites, hosting, plugins, etc.
- Supporting from time to time with technical team advice (limited)
Skills and attributes
- Enthusiastic, energetic and exceptional!
- Emotionally intelligent; able to flex your style depending on who you are talking to
- A great communicator; fluent in communication in English
- A keen eye and meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple deadlines
- A proactive approach, with an openness to new ideas
- Team player with ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to think through and solve problems
The admin bits
- 0900 – 1730 but flexibility is a must
- 28 days holiday per year inc. Public holidays to start
- A day off on your birthday!
- 12 week probation period
- 4 week notice period
- Pension plan
- Bonus plan