At Nice and Serious, we believe in making creative work the world needs. We have our feet firmly on the ground and know the world doesn’t need more of the same. It needs us to draw a line in the sand, and back the people fixing things. It needs us to change minds, and make people demand better.
Our team of 20 people is a mix of filmmakers, strategists, art directors, coders, designers, copywriters, animators and client service. Over the last 10 years we’ve had the pleasure of working with some of the most innovative, purpose-led brands including: Macmillan, Parkrun, innocent, YMCA, Dogs Trust, Unilever, Ben & Jerry’s, The Co-op and WWF. We’ve recently achieved B-Corp Certification and you can find out more about what that means here. On top of all that since January we’ve also been running a 4-day week trial, with the office closed on Friday.
Who we’re looking for
We’re on the look out for a Creative/Copywriter to join our team for a minimum 6 month Maternity Cover contract with the possibility to extend. We are a hybrid working team with an office in Whitechapel for the days people want to come in. Here are some more details on the role:
- Collaborate with the team to come up with amazing creative ideas for serious causes.
- Develop our creative ideas into full blown concepts.
- Lead on writing the creative concepts for our proposals.
- Take part in pitches to present our ideas.
- Ensure the creative ideas stay on track throughout production.
- Writing scripts for films and animations.
- Writing up concepts and treatments.
- Understanding and mastering our clients’ tone of voice.
- Proofreading to ensure the highest standard throughout all content is met.
- Writing brand tone of voice documents.
- Writing marketing materials for clients (e.g. for brochures and reports, as well as website copy and social posts).
- Writing marketing materials for Nice and Serious (from conference handouts to blog posts).
- Editing website and design content.
- Collaborating with our new business team to write proposals.
Other information and how to apply
We’re all about making Nice and Serious a seriously nice place to be. Here are a few things we do:
- We are currently trialling a 4-day work week until at least Dec 2022 (on Friday the studio is closed). We hope to make it a permanent change if the trial is successful.
- Work from home or office flexibility.
- Flexible working hours and policy.
- Holiday allowance of 25 days per annum pro rata (plus three additional days off over the December holiday period). Note, during the 4-day week trial this has been prorated down.
- Headspace Subscription
Nice and Serious is dedicated to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We’re also proactively committed to protecting the mental, as well as physical, health, safety and well-being and that of all those who work for us.