Malcolm Reading Consultants is the leading independent organiser of international architectural competitions. We believe in the power of design to create new perceptions and act as an inspiration.
This varied role offers the opportunity to work on interesting and fast-moving cultural projects with high-profile global clients. Highly successful within our sector, the MRC team is friendly, supportive and energetic. We help clients commission new museums, contemporary art galleries, libraries, visitor attractions, residential buildings, hotels and resorts, universities and performing arts venues — as well as urban and landscape design projects.
Our competitions attract the world’s leading architects and designers, and our juries often include thought-leaders and famous figures from the worlds of design, media, politics and business.
We are looking for a dedicated and enthusiastic Projects’ Coordinator to provide support for our competitions — a fantastic opportunity to witness top designers in action.
· Draft workshop agendas for client and competitors
· Write reports
· Liaise with clients, competitors and the MRC team to schedule meetings
· Set up, host and record Zoom/Teams meetings, including circulating calendar invitations and attendees lists
· Take accurate notes during client meetings and design workshops
· Produce feedback, minutes and reports from the meeting notes
· Collate and distribute workshop materials such as presentations
· Undertake other miscellaneous tasks relating to workshops/meetings
· Log competition entries, collate Q&A and liaise with MRC team and client to respond to queries
· Help with general competitor correspondence and coordination
· Collate and file information received from competitors and clients and keep up-to-date records including version control
· Proofread, draft copy and undertake research
· Book travel
· Support the rest of the team as necessary
Who we're looking for:
You will need to be educated to degree level or equivalent with a strong academic track record and have at least a year’s experience in a coordination/administrative role with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as video-conferencing platforms including Zoom and Microsoft Teams. You won’t need specific architectural knowledge but a fledgling interest or broad enthusiasm for things cultural will make the job more meaningful and fun.
You will be a good fit if you can offer:
· Accuracy and attention to detail, particularly note-taking
· Efficiency, methodical approach and ability to work under pressure
· Interpersonal skills
· Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and video-conferencing platforms
· PowerPoint and Google Workplace skills an advantage
The key attitudes of mind we seek from you include:
· Team attitude, learnability, commitment and work ethic
· Positive, helpful attitude
· Ability to work remotely and on own initiative, meet deadlines and work on several tasks at once
How to apply
Please read the full job description on our website at https://malcolmreading.com/vacancies then send your CV with a covering letter to Mrs Catherine Reading, Director, at email@example.com
Please explain in your letter who you are and why you would like to work for us.