We’re looking for a Mid-weight Designer to join our growing Marketing team and work closely with the Organic Content teams. You’ll be creating impactful, recognisable and fun social content, and in doing so, help millions of customers connect, trust and stay updated with Wise.
The ideal candidate will be ambitious, self-starting, and looking to build their career within design and marketing. This person should be bursting with creative ideas and know exactly how to implement them with great design and a strong attention to detail. We work strategically so this candidate will also need to confidently optimise their work using performance data.
We have something really important to tell the world – you can save lots of money using Wise. The problem? Well, money isn't the most exciting thing in the world is it? I mean, we're competing with dogs, babies and sea shanties out there. It's our job to make people listen. We let our imaginations run wild, thinking up crazy stories and metaphors to bring our messages to life. A bar chart showing a price comparison for money transfer services? Meh. A bar chart made out of lego on a running track for barefoot athletes to run across? Now we're talking.
Here’s how you’ll be contributing within the Marketing team:
- Collaborating with our Organic Social and Blog teams to deliver eye-catching creative assets (some static, some motion, some witty and weird, some clever and communicative).
- You’ll work with performance data to create content that drives higher reach and engagement, and continue to push the boundaries and learn from what we do.
- Always shipping a variety of creative – from always-on content that is relevant to our customers’, to assets for product launches, to producing quick reactive posts. One minute you might be hunting down the most delightful testimonial, and the next helping the world finally answer the age old question ‘What’s the best bread?’ (yes that’s really happening, and yes it is the best thing since sliced bread).
- You’ll also work closely with our Brand Designers to ensure we are all moving in the same visual direction, and you will inform others about creative learnings across your channels. We don’t improve in isolation!
- By being a brand guardian who is working closely with the social media teams and presenting visually to our customers, you will ensure our brand is represented in its best light.
This role will give you the opportunity to:
- Develop: You’ll get to hone in on your design and understanding of Organic Social channels, be encouraged to level up your skills and strategic thinking, and work with performance data to constantly improve upon your creative work.
- Be creative: You’ll be a big part of our ever evolving look and feel, encouraged to push boundaries and bring innovation. You’ll be a respected brand guardian.
- Have real impact: You’ll join our exciting mission to make money without borders the new normal.
- You might be a designer working in a marketing agency, or maybe you’ve been managing and producing your own social content, or maybe you’re currently a social media manager who is a self-taught designer. We don’t mind where you’ve come from – we just want to see a portfolio of impactful creative work.
- You know all Organic Social channels inside and out (from Instagram, to Facebook, to Blog), understanding what type of creative already works well, and where we can experiment to push boundaries.
- “Trends? What trends? I set the trends!” Your head is constantly in the social trends and wanting to create your own. You’re always ready to jump on reactive content quickly, and can identify how to join those conversations.
- You’re analytical – you constantly want to look at data and comments to understand how your designs have performed and when to improve on them.
- You understand the ‘why’ before diving into the creative.
- You’re constantly bursting with fun creative ideas.
- Autonomous and able to manage your time, flex to different teams and are used to meeting tight deadlines. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You can demonstrate great typographic, layout and technical skills. Understanding brand guidelines isn’t a challenge for you.
- You have an eagle eye for detail even when you are working to multiple tight deadlines.
- Of course you’re a wiz when it comes to Photoshop and Illustrator. But you also need to have some working knowledge of After Effects and video editing to bring some creative to life.
We’re people without borders — without judgement or prejudice, too. We want to work with the best people, no matter their background. So if you’re passionate about learning new things and keen to join our mission, you’ll fit right in.
Also, where and what you studied isn't important to us. If you’ve got great experience, the right skills for the role and you’re great at articulating your thinking, we’d like to hear from you.
And because we believe that diverse teams build better products, we’d especially love to hear from you if you’re from an under-represented demographic.