We’re seeking a passionate, positive and highly organised creative editor to join Knock Knock. You’ll be working on a wide range of films from online and social content to documentary and brand-focussed communication.
We’re a high performing production studio with an impressive roster of clients, including Ralph Lauren, Burberry, Three Mobile and Peloton.
Our office is based in London Bridge and while there is some flexibility with home working, we have moved back to a more office based work pattern in recent months. As such, this role is only suitable for someone who would be prepared to work full time from our office if asked. On occasion we have international shoots and you may be required to travel or accommodate deadlines in different time zones.
Who is a Knock Knock video editor?
Creative - A person who is excited about creating beautiful work and thrives in an environment where developing and sharing ideas is our lifeblood.
Organized - Punctual and methodical, with a love of a well organized project. You will be expected to have your eyes across many projects at once without letting details slide through the cracks.
Flexible - Humble and willing to tackle any tasks that are required.
Resourceful - Can pivot and adapt to unforeseen circumstances that often arise. The expertise to foresee the bumps in the road ahead.
Autonomous - The ability to take direction, but needs a little management and oversight to get the job done. Can manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Goal-focused - The drive to complete tasks smoothly and efficiently.
Positive - A person with a can-do attitude who understands that creating video content for a job is a privilege to be enjoyed.
Driven- The desire to make each job better than the last: constantly pushing, style, technique, finish and narrattive to make every proje
Versatile - Anyone with extra strings to their bow. E.g. grading, motion design, camera, illustrator
(This is not a requirement for the role, but do let us know if you have any secret powers).
Your daily activities will include:
- Editing a variety of projects
- Sharing creative solutions and ideas for all post production
- Maintaining and running post production workflows and edit suites.
- Manage post-production processes including video file organization, backup, and archiving.
- Ensuring timely delivery of projects, meeting client deadlines and maintaining impeccable production standards.
- Working closely with our team of producers, directors, animators and other editors.
- Contributing to creative discussions and pitches at a conceptual level
- Keeping the wider team up to date with trends, software, techniques and visual breakthroughs.
- Providing expertise in at least one other area of the business (colour grading, motion graphics or camera work etc)
You’re ideal for this role if you are / have:
- 3+ years’ experience, familiar with 4k workflows and a wide variety of edit styles, self-starter, very strong portfolio.
- Experience delivering post production projects with live action and also experience of incuding animated / VFX elements.
- A confident Video Editor with broad experience across many video styles, plug-ins, grading, overlays.
- Comfortable using out of the box edit tools but also building looks and motion from scratch.
- Collaborative, communicative and open to constructive feedback
- Fearless and willing to dive into an innovative company
- Love process and have extremely high attention to detail.
- Thrive in a fast-paced agency/studio environment.
- A bubbling hive of ideas and creativity.
- An online portfolio showcasing your best work or better yet, live examples in the wild and a detailed description of your role and impact
25 days’ holiday plus bank holidays
Enrolment in the company’s profit share bonus scheme.
How to apply
Knock Knock is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, sexual orientation, gender, pregnancy, religion, nationality, ethnic origin, disability, medical history, skin colour, marital status, genetic information, or parental status.
If this role sounds right for you, then please get in touch.
To apply simply send your CV with a link to your latest online showreel with subject ‘I am a creative video editor’ and no more than 100 words on why you’re the right person to firstname.lastname@example.org
If relevant and for the avoidance of confusion, please let us know what roles you performed on key pieces of the showreel (editor / motion designer / camera operator etc)
Knock Knock does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumés from any source other than directly from candidates. We will not consider unsolicited referrals and/or resumés from vendors including, and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services, and recruiting agencies. Knock Knock will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resumé to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.