Zak Group is a design office. It gives shape to contemporary visual cultures at the intersection of art, architecture, design, fashion and entertainment. The office works in dialogue with people, organisations and brands that are involved in guiding the trajectory of contemporary culture. They are a highly collaborative, multi-disciplinary studio that work across disciplines on projects of varying scales for audiences of all types.
Zak Group is looking for a Design Operations Manager to join their studio in London. This is a key management role that will lead the studio’s design and business operations, supporting the creative director and design team. You will act as the primary liaison between the operations of the studio, the design team and its clients. Design operations include all aspects of running a dynamic creative office: project management, finance, business development and HR.
- Support the Creative Director to define scope, budget and objectives for projects
- Take ownership of business operations and lead it with supervision from the Creative Director
- Act as the primary main interface between the design team and client organisations
- Support the design team by representing their needs and interests to the client
- Support the client by ensuring that design solutions meet commercial requirements
- Monitor and manage project scopes and scope creep with design team and client
- Oversee and lead conversations with clients, prepare agendas as required
- Manage projects from briefing to delivery
- Develop and monitor Gantt schedules for each project
- Conduct regular project status meetings with designers and project reviews
- Update and monitor design tasks in Basecamp
- Managing incoming files
- Monitor time-tracking in Toggl and alert design team and clients as projects near time allocation
- Maintain confidentiality of all proprietary information
- Update Creative Director on project progress
- Prepare and negotiate estimates and contracts with clients and suppliers
- Monitor and manage scope changes for projects
- Track project expenditure in order to meet agreed budgets
- Issue invoices and pay bills following agreed payment terms
- Prepare monthly management accounts and cash-flow report for the Creative Director
- Support the Creative Director in identifying and generating new business opportunities
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to set up meetings
- Maintain and monitor leads and sales pipeline in ‘Streak CRM’
- Prepare tenders and write requests for proposal (RFP)
- Represent the company at external events
- Prepare job descriptions, advertise roles and manage incoming applications
- Onboard new employees and freelancers
- Issue employment contracts
- Monitor annual leave
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Experience in a similar role, heading up a project team to deliver business objectives
- A background in a related field such as: Account Management, Brand Strategist, Business Administration, Marketing, Project Management, Studio Management.
- Commercially astute with experience managing a business and negotiating contracts
- You have hands-on operational experience
- You are comfortable operating collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Incredibly organised with the ability to manage complex schedules and overlapping deadlines
- You have experience with managing senior clients
- A shared interest in Zak Group's mission, goals and culture
- Flexible, driven, self-motivated and punctual
- Occasional travel for external events required
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Fluency in Google Workspace (formerly G Suite)
Competitive. Negotiable, depending upon experience.
We welcome and encourage applications from candidates who are under-represented in the creative industries.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter at www.zak.group and fill out our Equal Opportunities Monitoring Form. Your cover letter should state as clearly and succinctly why you belong at Zak Group.
Please note that Zak Group reserves the right to withdraw this listing prior to the official closing date, therefore it is recommended to submit applications early.