MOB Kitchen is looking for an ambitious mid-weight designer to join our fast-growing team, and become a key player in our fast-growing food media platform.
We understand that some in-house design roles are seen as repetitive and samey. This isn’t one of those roles. We have a wide array of sub-brands, projects and products in the pipeline, as well as the application of a re-brand – all of which will keep the role feeling fresh for years to come. We are looking for a highly creative, self-motivated, team player who thrives in a busy environment.
Our ideal candidate will love design, have a strong knowledge of evolving trends in culture and design, and constantly be trying to create new and exciting work. You would need to be able to work proactively under your own initiative, be extremely organised, and have the ability to juggle multiple projects at one time.
You will be working across all creative assets needed for MOB Kitchen’s digital channels, as well as motion and print assets. The role needs a creative thinker who is up for a challenge and isn’t afraid to muck in and take charge of our creative output.
• Implement existing brand guidelines on projects.
• Work closely with the full MOB team to ensure creative is aligning with our content.
• Take charge of all creative, including the creation of digital, animated and print assets across multiple projects.
• Work directly with clients, join creative meetings and be the driving force for our creative output.
• Help brainstorm and develop new brand identities for content series and sub-brands.
What you’ll need
• 3+ years experience in digital and print design; an agency or brand background is preferred.
• Expert Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects), Keynote, Google Docs.
• Running design projects as a sole designer, from ideation and research through to presenting mock-ups and producing final assets.
• Self-driven, proactive and up for a challenge.
• Ability to understand brand strategy/message and convert it into communication.
• Strong typographic and layout skills.
• Experience in brand design, as a core part of the job you will be creating identities for our sub-brands and series.
What we offer
• £32-35k salary depending on experience.
• A fast-paced, reactive job at one of the UK’s most exciting media startups.
• The opportunity to grow with a fast-growing company.
• A job where your voice is heard and where good ideas are acted on immediately.
• LOTS of free food.
• Become a part of a young, exciting team of like-minded people.