Junior Videographer and motion graphics specialist
- £30,000 – £32,000
- Full Time
- Job Posted
- Applications Close
Are you a visual storyteller looking for their next big challenge? Are you fascinated with new technologies? The Mastercard Creative Studio is looking for a video editor passionate about technology to join our amazing in-house creative team in London, UK. We’re looking for a talented videographer and video editor with a passion for motion graphics to help tell Mastercard stories from initial storyboards through the final edit.
As a videographer and video editor in the Creative Studio, you’ll work closely with internal team members (writers, designers, and UI/UX specialists) and stakeholders across the company (marketing, product, communications) to produce a wide variety of video and audio (podcast) content.
You’re an experienced motion graphics and video professional who can work on a project from brief to delivery of the final product. You’ve got a knack for visualizing narratives through stats, type and animation. You’re confident with a camera, lighting, audio, and grip operations and setup. You’re cool and calm under pressure and invite a sense of confidence with your strategic and well-planned approach.
You’re a master storyteller who can find the compelling narrative in any project. Whether you’re shooting content or stitching together stock video, you make every project feel unique and personal. You have a keen eye for composition and camera angles, and you understand the importance of pacing and visual consistency.
Finally, you have a growth mindset. You’re passionate about skill development, continual learning, and maximizing every opportunity to push yourself and those around you.
All About You - Necessary skills
• [Essential] Filming, video editing, motion graphics and animation
• Possess knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite video products in Mac environment — Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Apply strong conceptual and storytelling skills to deliver compelling short and long-form video content, and ensure materials comply with Mastercard brand guidelines
• Shepherd projects from pre-production (reviewing scripts, developing storyboards) to post-production in video, graphic, animated, and audio projects
• Maximize the capabilities of the audio/video facilities at the Mastercard Storylab — our fully equipped film studio in London
• Guide stakeholders and educate them about what is possible and effective in visual storytelling
• [Desirable skills] Illustration and graphic design. Adobe Audition
• Collaborate with and serve as a strategic partner to internal team and stakeholders across the company
• Understand the business goals and marketing strategies of our stakeholders
• Work effectively with others to identify challenges and opportunities and use creative and strategic thinking to generate solutions
• Manage creative requirements, expectations, and deadlines for all projects
• A quick learner with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced team environment
• Ability to work effectively from home/remotely as required
• Passionate problem solver with a love of writing, marketing, and storytelling
• Self-motivated and detail-oriented, with a positive “get stuff done” mindset
• Possess a growth mindset and a willingness to give and receive feedback
• Collaborative and respectful of diverse perspectives and other creative skill sets
• Bachelor’s degree in videography, motion graphics or design is preferred.
• Experience in fast-paced environments, such as agencies, freelance videographer, or broadcast media environments is a plus
• Solid motion graphics and animation skills
• Experience with camera, lighting, audio, and grip operations and setup
• Experience with project management software