Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 FTE (depending on experience)
Contract: Part-time (4 days a week)
Location: Remote working with occasional travel to our studio in West London
Working hours: Monday - Thursday, 9am – 6pm (flexible hours between 8am – 7pm)
Start date: March / April
About the role
We've seen Official Business grow from strength to strength in the past couple of years, building up our client-base and continuing to work on interesting and creative digital projects with inspiring brands, often collaborating with creative agencies and designers we really admire.
We're really excited about growing the team and are looking for someone who is also passionate about web development to join our small studio in London.
As part of the team you will be working on the web development of a broad range of projects while also having creative input on the technical and design direction.
Together we will work on multiple projects simultaneously towards successful completion, working alongside our clients, and in some cases with other freelance designers and developers, so we are looking for someone with great communication and interpersonal skills.
You will help us on scoping for new projects and will be involved in key meetings with clients, where possible. And as a small team you will have a strong voice, not only with our client work but also in helping shape the path of our work and company culture moving forwards!
We have embraced the principles of JAMstack which has allowed us to focus much more on frontend development practices, using Contentful as the primary content management system for the majority of our projects. As a team we will aim to be knowledgeable and up-to-date on the direction of the technical stack we use, and will look to you to help review our standards as needed.
- Good working knowledge of modern web development (HTML5, CSS, JS)
- Experience with git and version control (Github)
- Experience translating designs into code with a high degree of fidelity
- Good working knowledge of ReactJS
- Experience with Contentful
- Experience with Shopify
- Some familiarity with frontend frameworks
- (GatsbyJS, Next.js or similar)
- Good working knowledge of GatsbyJS
- Has project experience working on both design and development
One of our core strengths is having the design and development expertise under one roof and to be able to collaborate closely with a wide variety of clients, so we are on the lookout for someone who:
- Appreciates good design and has a grasp on the fundamentals of layout, typography and interactive design and the ability to interpret designs into fluid, responsive and dynamic websites.
- Is comfortable developing and deploying production ready websites.
- Has the ability to work on a variety of projects, often simultaneously, seeing them from start to finish.
- Enjoys problem solving and discovering new technologies and approaches.
- Is keen to learn and loves to collaborate closely with others, to develop the ideal product.
- Is a confident communicator with clients and collaborators, both verbal and written.
- Can manage your own workload and be proactive in communicating around the status of projects.
Finding the right person, who likes working with a small team and is flexible and resourceful, is incredibly important to us so whether you have more or less experience outlined here and feel you have something to add to our team, please feel free to apply.
You must however be eligible to work in the UK.
How to apply
Please send CVs, portfolios and links to the work you’ve built to email@example.com
Applications close Monday 8th March, 2021.
Please note, as we're a small team, unfortunately we are unable to give specific feedback on each of the applications but if you have any queries, please feel free to send any questions through and we'll endeavour to get back to you.
No recruitment agencies please!