We have a very exciting opportunity for a Mid-weight Graphic Designer to join our team on a full-time basis. We are looking for someone special to join our team with a real passion and deep interest in all things graphic design. We need you to live and breathe it!
You must be willing to work across multiple projects within the company as part of the Studio team, and you’ll be expected to produce project deliverables to an exceptionally high standard with guidance from our Senior Art Director and Creative Director. Courier is a growing company with many exciting projects on the horizon. We are looking for a designer who is a creative thinker with big ideas and a can-do, team-player attitude who loves a challenge!
For this role, you will need to present a portfolio that showcases your editorial, print and digital experience – along with confidence and a level of leadership within your work.
What you'll do
• Create graphic design concepts across an array of print and digital projects
• Design pure graphic design elements for an array of outputs
• Design layouts for print magazines
• Aid in the design of social and website collateral
• Design templates for in-house communications
• Design and produce presentations for senior management
• Attend photoshoots
• Find new talent, particularly illustration talent, and brief them in for projects
• Work on brand partnerships and commercial projects across a number of platforms including digital, film and print.
• Create 3D/physical design collateral such as vinyls, merchandise and signage
• Help with the creation of email marketing campaigns
What you'll bring
• A solutions-oriented mentality, and excellent idea- and concept-generation abilities
• Solid understanding of the design process and experience across the entire design life cycle
• Good experience in design strategy
• Great skills in sketching, illustration and creating bespoke designs
• A strong balance of illustration, typography, layout and identity design skills
• Working knowledge of print and digital production best-practices and techniques (PDF stitching, artworking, file supply etc)
• Proven talent for editorial design, with ability to execute campaigns and initiatives across all platforms, including print products and digital channels (website, email communications, social media)
• Confidence in finding creative contributors who align with the Courier style, and comfort with the commissioning process from start to finish, including handling budgets and tight deadlines.
• Confidence in expressing ideas, and good presentation skills
• An open, positive and collaborative communication style
• Experience in art working, print production environments and techniques
• Great understanding of designing for digital and social purposes
• An active interest in keeping up to date with trends and technology, with a love for all that’s new and innovative, regularly visiting exhibitions and events
• Expertise in Adobe Creative Cloud
• Knowledge of 3D design, After Effects and animation beneficial
Courier is the defining media brand for a new generation who want to live and work on their own terms. We’ve been telling insightful and inspiring stories of modern business through print, podcasts, events and more since launching in 2013. London-based but with an international perspective, our mission is to help you work better, live smarter, be happier.
Courier is an equal-opportunity employer, and we value diversity at our company. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
Send your CV along with a letter explaining why you’re the right person for the role – and your portfolio – to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the words ‘Designer’ in the subject line. You must have the right to live and work in the UK to apply. This role will be remote to begin with but the applicant should be based in London, although Courier is supportive of flexible working.