Design with purpose! COOK is looking for a talented, mid-weight graphic designer to join our award-winning in-house creative team working across all areas of COOK's internal and external brand communications. You’ll have the ability and initiative to take control and lead on briefs and have a solid understanding of all aspects of the design process from concept through to artwork. The perfect 2nd / 3rd design job (at least 3 years experience required). As a certified B Corp we believe in work with purpose, and you’ll love the idea that your designs and artwork will ultimately help us be a force for good in society.
• Mid-weight graphic designer to work across all areas of COOK's internal and external brand communications, providing graphic design and artwork for both print and in-store.
• A creative thinker who can take the lead on projects, bringing passion and original thought to the design process from strong idea generation through to final artwork.
• Manage and support the growth of one direct report.
• 3+ years experience in graphic design
• Graphic design degree or equivalent
• Fully conversant in Adobe Creative Suite – particularly InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop.
• Multi-talented, this role requires you to work on all areas of the brand including but not limited to: marketing campaigns, in-store graphics and signage, retail design, packaging, menus, mailings and internal culture documents.
• Excellent skills in typography, layout and idea generation with a passion for illustration and hand-craft.
• Collaborative approach, open to ideas and feedback from others, a willingness to help to grow the designers around you.
• Ability to react quickly and efficiently to last minute briefs on tight deadlines and manage a range of projects and your own time effectively.
• Proactive, focused and ambitious
• Strong attention to detail and care, to ensure we deliver quality in everything we do and design solutions that feel distinctly COOK.
• Similar to a sponge in disposition; soaks up the external design world through books, blogs, magazines and more…
• A passion for food definitely helps.
COOK is a pioneering frozen food company, a certified B Corporation. This year we won the Best Companies Number One Food and Drink company to work for. Our business is purpose driven and values led: we believe all companies should be seeking to make their business a force for good in society.
Since 1997 we’ve been making remarkable food for your freezer, prepared by hand at our Kitchens in Kent (savoury) and Somerset (puddings) using the same ingredients and techniques you would at home. It means our food looks and tastes homemade (maybe even a bit better).
We have 91 shops and counting across the UK; concessions in 600+ farm shops and independent retailers; and a fast-growing home delivery business.
Our brand needs to be remarkable, handmade/homemade, foodie, honest and authentic, with a strong independent voice and look that enables us to stand apart from the supermarkets.