WHO ARE WE?
The Academy launched in 2014 with a mission to bring together the brightest brains to create work that gets noticed, makes a difference, and passes into popular culture. We achieve this by offering best-in-class strategic thinking with best-in-class creative execution, the left side of the brain, and the right side too.
The Academy is an award-winning top 20 PR Week and SABRE shortlisted consumer agency.
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
We are looking for the best talent to join us. As long as you are kind, honest, ambitious, hard-working, interesting, interested, brave, motivated and have a point to prove. Just those nine things….
We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic Senior Account Executive to join us who is familiar with the fast pace of PR agency and of working across multiple ‘corpsumer’ brands.
You’ll need great understanding knowledge and experience of working with, and driving regular coverage, in both corporate and consumer media. You’ll have a growing book of quality media contacts and have a desire to continue developing this.
You’ll be working on tech-oriented and fast growing brands in the ‘corpsumer’ space. The day-to-day role will include pitching press release and feature ideas by phone and email to national, regional and trade journalists, reacting to the news agenda in smart, agile and relevant ways, managing phone calls and emails from journalists, reporting on media coverage and results and coming up with great creative and proactive ideas for clients as part of your team.
You’ll be given responsibilities from day one to drive coverage results and a team of graduate assistant account executives will report into you. It’s key that you feel comfortable not just delegating tasks, but also coaching and supporting your junior team, taking responsibility for the quality of their work.
You’ll be a great coverage driver across all your accounts, with a passion for getting your clients seen and heard in the media. You’ll have experience of leading elements of the day-to-day account with support from your junior team and have a passion to develop this leadership skill further.
We’re looking for a new Senior Account Executive to join us who has:
- Experience of working with fast-paced corpsumer brands
- Experience of driving results for campaigns and leading on certain elements of press office accounts
- The ability and passion for landing regular coverage in quality media for their clients
- Great connections with national journalists and a passion to grow these
- Excellent copywriting skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, particularly with media
- Excellent time-keeping
- Great attention to detail
- Accountability for the outputs of junior team members who report into you
- A passion for proactivity
- A track record for creative problem solving and coming up with impactful ideas
DETAILS OF THE OPPORTUNITY
- Fixed term contract
- Opportunity for fast personal development at an agency that prioritises its talent
- Regular agency socials including cultural outings
- Benefits include free private healthcare and gym membership (upon completion of probation period)
- Start date: August 2021