Senior Web Designer
We are Fishfinger, an award-winning boutique creative agency based in London.
We specialise in branding, animation and web design, uniquely combining our skills to produce magical projects.
Our clients dare to be different and stretch far and wide. We've had the pleasure of collaborating with incredible, established international brands and some of the most exciting startups around.
We're looking for a senior web designer to bring their wealth of experience and creative know-how to our small friendly team. You'll specialise in designing beautiful websites and leading projects from fruition to finish.
If you have experience building websites using Webflow/Shopify, that's a bonus, but we also have our own network developers that we can call upon.
We're serious about design, but we equally care about a work-life balance that leaves you refreshed and excited to take on new challenges.
Our ideal candidate
We're looking for a friendly, enthusiastic, creative designer. You'll have strong examples of design excellence in an eclectic range of fields, but with a key focus on website design (UI/UX).
You'll have a minimum of 7-years working in a creative design agency and an exceptional portfolio demonstrating your creative ability to design outstanding websites.
As a senior member, you'll have the confidence and command to run meetings with clients and articulately present our concepts.
You'll love collaborating with our talented team and will bring your own ideas and perspective to every project.
Our work ethos
In every web project we undertake, we're passionate about stepping away from the 'norms' and dream to be bold, delivering projects that 'pop' and 'wow'.
We love to bring motion into all our works, which transmits an added level of dynamism to everything we do. The typical Fishfinger client knows what we're about and shares our vision to stand out among the crowd.
It's not all about the clients
On top of our ongoing client work, we also strive to focus on personal work without the typical constraints. We've created internationally acclaimed in-house projects that demonstrate our diverse creative skills.
Most recently, we created Cats & Dogs Weather, a full-on-fun concept that brings 'Weather' and 'Tamagotchi' together, where you dress your pet depending on the weather outside. The iOS app has been featured worldwide and was App of the Day in China twice (even before we translated it)!
- Minimum of 5 years experience at a design/creative agency
- Strong initiative in proposing powerful visual concepts and ideas
- Exceptional portfolio displaying creative and branding skills
- Ability to both work on tasks by yourself and collaborate effectively with our team
- Have outstanding communication skills and client presentation skills.
- Ability to lead projects and present to clients
- Be excellent at multitasking skills and ability to manage projects simultaneously
- Highly proficient in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Basic knowledge of UI/UX (Figma), 3D software, animation and/or web design (all are a plus but not mandatory)
- Keeping up with design trends and a thirst to push yourself to learn more.
- Annual bonus scheme (fixed % of profits)
- 27-days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company shutdown between Christmas and new year
- Remote working (ideally, 3-days in the office but with flexibility)
- Social events, e.g. escape rooms, regular dinners, ...the Crystal Maze (we came second-last)
- Health insurance (after completing the first year)
- Fully paid Oyster card
- Company pension
- Paid overtime
- Paid courses for personal/professional growth
- …and we play a lot of board games!
How to apply
Please send your CV and Portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org