At Hearst UK, there’s always more to the story. Join us as our SEO Manager to continue you journey to SEO mastery.
We’re the UK’s leading premium publisher, and the people behind iconic media brands such as Digital Spy and others. We’ve created a working environment that encourages everyone to pull together. We never stop looking for brave new ideas. We’ll always try to develop and improve, we trust each other to do our best, and we have fun as we build on our heritage to make history.
The SEO Team works across 14 iconic brands, providing expert SEO advice to the editorial teams. But this role sits with our brightest and biggest entertainment site Digital Spy. Focusing on the websites core content areas of TV, Movies, Soaps, Tech and Showbiz, with an added focus on Tech and Gaming affiliate revenue generation.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working directly with our SEO team, affiliate team and Digital Spy’s team of editors you’ll get a front row view of the latest entertainment trends, hottest tech deals, Upcoming TV shows and Movies, celebrity and Soaps topics.
Key duties include:
• Planning and implantation of Digital Spy’s SEO strategy
• Implement the SEO content strategy for Digital Spy that seamlessly mixes into their editorial calendar and tone of voice. Inputting keyword ideas, but also looking to exploit new content opportunities, competitor content and keyword gaps, spotting emerging trends, seasonal opportunities, and innovative takes on what’s trending on the web, news and Social platforms.
• Optimise the website, structure, internal links and content on the regular basis but adding value not just regurgitating keyword lists - finding ways to make each optimisation creative and fun.
• You’ll work directly in our CMS updating content, meta titles and descriptions, URLs, optimising internal linking, creating aggregated content pages, etc.
• Interrogate monthly reports and Google Analytics and communicate wins and learnings. And deep dive analysis to inform further strategy decisions.
• Stay on top of the industry, test out new product features, and ensure we’re always playing nicely with every algorithm update.
• Affiliate revenue is driven by Organic traffic and you would need to devise strategies, and suggest new keywords and content ideas, topic, etc to maximise affiliate clicks and revenue at all parts of the funnel.
• Effectively and proactively communicate to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders such as guiding the product team on technical improvement, providing the editorial teams with up to date SEO training, and working with our SEO, data and product teams in the United States.
As an SEO expert you will be creative, data-driven and strategic-minded. You must have experience in an SEO role with a deep knowledge of the core principles of SEO. A working knowledge of entertainment content, especially TV, Movies, and Soaps would be an advantage as well as working with daily publishing of fast-moving and breaking news.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Hearst UK, you can choose from a huge range of perks and benefits that can help you learn well, work well and live well including:
• 25 days’ holiday (with the option to buy up to 5 additional holiday days) – pro rated for part-time or fixed-term employees
• Hybrid working model – 2 days per week in the office
• Discounted gym membership
• Healthcare cash plan
• Spend a charity day with your favourite good cause
• Life assurance and pension scheme
• Regular socials and more!
There’s more to your story than you imagine. And the next chapter begins right here.