A rapidly growing branding and product design practice, right next to the train station in Basingstoke, with a fantastic portfolio of well known global brands across a number of sectors. Our client offering includes Marketing Communications, Pure Brand & Design, UX/UI and Digital Products.
You’ll be an integral part of the company's product design team. For the right candidate this opening offers real opportunities to contribute to the day to day growth of the agency and to influence our long term vision.
As an important member of our design team you will be the guardian of our ideas generation and creative output, you will help us create concepts that exceed our clients expectations. You will do this with strategic thinking and your passion for design, increasing the strength of our team and creative proposition.
You will work closely with our Creative Director, UI/UX designers, product manager, developers and wider agency team as well as specialist partners to realise the goals of our clients.
What we are looking for from you
• You will be a Designer with 6+ years experience
• You have a history of effective thinking and have a strong portfolio of ideas with both a creative and strategic understanding
• A keen eye for detail, combined with a solid technical knowledge and accomplished skillset
• You are happy creating brands and ideas that work both in print and online
• You are able to create complete identity systems and seeing the bigger picture, not just creating logos
• You meet problems head on and know that they are just a puzzle that needs to be solved
• You are used to working closely with clients and other members of the team
• Able to explain your ideas with clarity and confidence through excellent communication skills
• Are aware of current design trends and new working practices
You will be able to translate the complex in an elegant and clean way
• A self starter with the ability to own projects and keep them moving forwards
• Experience working in agencies with a proven track record
• Someone who can manage their own time efficiently
• Experience of pitching your work to clients and stakeholders
• Comfortable estimating how long things take, as well as being client facing when required with the ability to explain our work, share your knowledge and expertise with all levels.
• Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original opportunities.
• A creative thinker, an eye for detail and drive for constant improvement.
• You have a strong track record of leading delivery and overseeing plans to ensure that goals and outcomes are met.
• High energy, you naturally take ownership and take pride in all you do.
• Happy guiding both internal and external suppliers in the right direction.
• You are quick to pick things up and are able to see the bigger picture, with commerciality in mind.
• You understand the right balance of getting on and doing a job and when to seek support from the team.
• Naturally curious and willing to learn, you are always happy to invest time to deepen your experience and knowledge.
What you will get in return
As well as the opportunity to grow and develop within your role, we offer you:
• Flexible working hours / remote working options
• Pension contributions
• Subsidised gym membership (or wellbeing stuff)
• 20 days holiday, bank holidays, Christmas period and your birthday off
• Plus additional days holiday based on number of years of service
• Budget to attend conferences, events, and training days
• Your very own training fund (for anything you like)
• Company social events
• Cycle to work scheme