Phantom are looking for an exceptional Digital Senior Designer to join our multidisciplinary London-based creative team. As a member of the design team, you’ll work alongside talented designers, strategists, and technologists to imagine the unbelievable and turn it into reality.
Who you are
You have a proven track record in creating best in-class digital experiences and are as comfortable designing from a blank canvas as evolving and to established design direction. You have a keenly developed design aesthetic and a deep love for all things digital. You’re excited by emerging technologies and have the drive to continue learning and experimenting.
You are confident in your craft and can give and take direction well. You understand that the presentation of your work is as important as the work itself. Your portfolio demonstrates work that is progressive, diverse and thoughtful. You’re precise, detail-oriented and consistently meet deadlines.
You have a positive outlook, a drive to stay inspired, a passion for great work and always help push the work to be the best it can possibly be.
- Have an eye for detail demonstrated by exceptional craft and an exciting and varied portfolio.
- Have excellent design fundamentals including typography, layout, illustration and motion.
- Be conceptually innovative, detail-oriented and able to execute pixel-perfect digital design.
- Have a proven success working directly with creative and technical teams.
- Have a strong technical knowledge across all digital production and formats.
- Have advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and tools such as Sketch and Figma.
- Have excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Have a great attitude and lack of ego.
- Experience in 3D and video production is a bonus.
What you'll do
As a Senior Designer, you’ll lead the creative output of projects through each stage and oversee design work to ensure the creative brief is fully explored while collaborating with different departments (strategists, creative technologists, developers, designers, producers) to create industry-leading and best in class digital experiences.
As a Senior, you’ll also help guide, develop and mentor Midweight and Junior Designers in the team providing continuous feedback and constructive critiques of their work.
- Execute world-class innovative and effective digital communications, interface design and interaction design experiences.
- Advance and inspire the visual aesthetic of all Phantom projects.
- Design experiences that are creatively and technically ambitious.
- Guide projects from ideation through production design and development.
- Lead, inspire and support creative teams and serve as design lead on your projects.
- Be used to working alongside teams of creatives, developers, producers, and strategists.
- Embody a curious mindset that works to develop multiple ideas and iterate quickly.
- Present your work with confidence and clearly explain your rationale to clients
- This position requires 6+ years of experience, preferably in a studio or creative agency environment. Only applicants with portfolios will be considered.
Who we are
Phantom is a digitally-led creative agency, headquartered in London, where two things are valued above all else: curiosity and craft.
Started by four people in 2013, we’ve grown into a 100-person company, with locations in London and New Zealand. Our clients choose us because of the collaboration, innovation and creativity we all bring to each project. We choose our clients because they’re brands we love to work with, who in turn inspire us to make work we love.
Always careful, never boring, we work on everything from traditional ad campaigns to developing products to designing digital road signs. If you’re somebody who enjoys a new challenge each day, Phantom is your place.
Every day we flex our skills for world-leading brands such as Google, Zendesk and Sony Music group as well as working alongside causes we love and get stuck into original proactive projects.
Inclusivity at Phantom
We are an equal opportunity employer and believe our environment, ideas and work can only be it’s best if our team is representative of all the incredible diversity of thought that exists in the world around us.
All Phantoms are welcomed to our team without regard to ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity.
To keep you happy and healthy, our employee package includes a range of perks for both inside and outside the studio.
- Secure pension scheme provided by Aviva.
- Private physical and mental health insurance with Vitality. Plus, additional discounted deals on gym memberships, Apple watches, Amazon Prime, cinema tickets and more through your plan.
- Keeping you fueled throughout the day, Phantoms enjoy a kitchen and bar area packed with free snacks, treats, drinks, beverages, coffee (via a very nice pro coffee machine) and breakfast foods.
- Leave allowance above national standard – including a holiday shutdown period in December to sit back and chill uninterrupted before heading into the new year.
- Bonus days leave each year once you’ve been part of the Pham for 2 years (up to 30 days).
- Cyclescheme to save you 25-39% purchasing a bike and accessories.
- End of year bonus at the discretion of Phantom, based on both personal and company performance.
- A dog-friendly workplace for your chill canine companion