Since its foundation in 2007 It’s Nice That has become a trusted source of inspiration, championing the best of creativity online, in print and through our events. Winner of the Webby Award for Best Cultural Website 2020, we are a leading platform in the creative world reaching over 2 million people each month.
As well as covering inspirational work and projects, It’s Nice That has a creative team that uses its idea generation, art direction and design expertise to deliver our editorial output, events and brand partnerships to truly engaged audiences across a variety of media platforms.
With this in mind, It’s Nice That is looking for a designer to work fluidly across all our output and shape the future vision of our graphic and motion design language.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a junior designer to develop their skills and experience in a nurturing environment and for a well loved and ever-growing creative platform, playing an important role in growing the creative ambition and quality of It’s Nice That’s projects going forward.
This role will be responsible for implementing and delivering the design vision for It’s Nice That across all our projects. You will be asked to deliver brilliant design work for a breadth of editorial features, annual campaigns, events and brand partnerships from pitch to final outcome.
You will be responsible for applying research, graphic and motion design skills to support and deliver creative projects across It’s Nice That. You will be required to be proactive, energised and organised, delivering small to large scale creative projects that you are excited about, collaborating closely with It’s Nice That team members and our creative network at every stage.
The ideal candidate
The ideal candidate will be a talented graphic and motion designer with a great eye for detail and understanding of contemporary graphic and motion design. You will be a highly motivated individual who is looking to grow your experience and push yourself to deliver fantastic design outcomes. Below summarises the key qualities we are looking for:
- Passionate about creativity and has a good understanding of It’s Nice That and its place within the creative industry.
- A talented graphic and motion designer with a contemporary design sensibility and has a great eye for detail.
- Technically proficient with adobe creative suite programmes used to deliver high quality graphic and motion design work.
- Knowledgeable about the creative industry and has good creative and cultural awareness.
- Able to balance multiple projects at once and can work in a nimble way across a variety of tasks.
- Positive and proactive when faced with problems and never fazed by a challenge.
- Has their creative development set as a priority and is always seeking opportunities to advance the quality of creative work whenever possible.
- Deliver graphic and motion design work across all It’s Nice That’s projects
- Design project identities
- Create design and motion assets that enhance storytelling on It’s Nice That
- Deliver design assets for our events and experiences
- Support brand partnership pitches
- Support projects with creative research and idea generation
- Influence It’s Nice That’s overall creative direction
- Maintain and advance creative the quality of work
- Maintain a positive working culture
Tasks & Skills
- Establish, maintain and develop relationships with both emerging and established names within the creative industry
- Deliver design projects for the business, ranging from editorial work to brand partnerships.
- Carry out research, idea generation and pitch production on projects.
- Propose creative talent to commission
- Support the development of pitches and client presentations
- Graphic Design (typography, layout, artworking, image-making)
- Motion Design (identities, typography, editorial assets, partnership assets, imagery)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Affects), Keynote, Google Docs.
- Suggest potential creatives to be featured across It’s Nice That
Due to the Covid-19 global pandemic, It's Nice That teams are working remotely with the option to use our studio based in London, Haggerston, for those who need it most. The company is supporting individuals to work from where they feel most comfortable for the remainder of 2021. We hope to facilitate teams who want to meet and collaborate on a regular basis post-lockdown.
- Salary: £22,568 – £24,000 depending on experience
- Reporting into: Middleweight creative
- Level: Junior
- Contract type: 6 month fixed term contract
- Hours: Monday to Friday, 9am — 6pm (flexible hours between 8am – 7pm)
- Application deadline: 14th May
- Interviews from: 17th May
- Start date: June 2021