Interstate Creative Partners is an award-winning creative and creative technology agency founded in 1998.
Uniquely working in both brand and creatively technology disciplines, our teams consult and work across an increasingly wide range of definitive brands and platforms.
We operate from studios in London, Manama, Milan and Riyadh to service a truly global client base.
With new international clients and a wide array of exciting projects in 2022 we are significantly expanding our London studio space and both our Brand and Creative Technology teams.
About the role
The role will be studio-based in our London studio. At Interstate the role of Senior Designer is key to realising the world-class creative solutions we are known for. The role can be highly conceptual one day, through to carrying out design application and overseeing artwork the next. Working closely with the other members of the Design Team and wider studio, the Senior Designer’s role will involve:
- Producing amazing ideas for our diverse, international clients.
- Originating creative concepts for brand identities and a wide range of communications.
- Developing concepts into fully designed applications.
- Seeing projects through from initial conception to final production.
- Supporting and inspiring the design team.
- Providing guidance and mentorship for junior members of the team.
- Understanding the needs of the business and our clients, in a truly entrepreneurial creative consultancy.
What we are looking for:
We believe that to be successful the person has to be right for the role, and that the role has to be right for the person - your approach is as important as the skills you have. Therefore there are some key characteristics we believe you’ll need to flourish with us.
- At least 8 years’ agency experience and a portfolio to support your application. An inherent passion for design, culture, and creative technologies.
- A conceptual thinker, who is creative and able to represent our business ethos.
- Enthusiastic and driven with a positive, can-do attitude.
- A pro-active problem solver.
- Confident and keen to take an active and supportive part in brainstorms, naming generation, concept workshops etc.
- Ambitious and keen to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Love shaping consumers’ experience and are obsessed with every detail.
- Self–motivated and a keen team player, whilst also confident in taking the creative lead without guidance if need be.
- Committed, reliable and flexible, with the ability to handle pressure and keep up in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- A culture vulture – a willingness and hunger to get ‘under the skin’ and understand the cultures of our global client base.
- Love what you do!
- A sense of humour and team spirit always helps!
- Outstanding creativity!
- Excellent written, verbal and electronic communication skills, (including spelling and grammar).
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent typographic skills.
- Confident presentation skills with the ability to demonstrate clarity of thought.
- Good knowledge of branding.
- Comprehensive understanding of production processes and technologies.
- Keen interest in the latest graphic design trends, markets relating to the client base and ever-evolving variety of media, (print, digital and packaging).
- Appreciation of marketing communications, employee engagement and branding methodologies.
- Understanding of the creative process and required stages.
- Strong analytical and organisational ability.
To give you a clear picture of the day-to-day role, you will need to handle:
- Be a great conceptual thinker. You’ll be responsible for generating innovative and creative design concepts for a wide range of brand/marketing materials and brand identities, which deliver on business objectives and appeal to the relevant audiences.
- Develop concepts to highly finished standards across a variety of media.
- Work seamlessly across print and digital with a good understanding of how best to use the relevant creative medium to communicate specific messages.
- Manage workflow and deadlines, working alongside management within the organisation.
- Demonstrate good communications skills including the ability to brief internal and external suppliers, (such as printers, photographers, illustrators and digital technicians).
- The ability to present design work and rationale in client meetings.
- Manage middle weight, junior and additional freelance staff when working as part of a project team.
- Work closely with the Creative Director on following the guiding principles for directing the team.
- Assist the Creative Director with the appraisal process of the junior team, gathering, assessing and documenting your opinion.
- Incorporate a solid understanding of materials, off-line and online production processes and technologies.
- Demonstrate and deliver on your understanding of digital design.
- Demonstrate proficiency in core Creative Suite applications (Photoshop, Illustrator,
- In-Design and Acrobat Professional – to print standard.
Contribute to the effective, productive and happy running of the studio and internal initiatives. We value your ideas, let’s hear them.