DutchScot is an award-winning creative design studio, based in the new Design District in London.
We believe in creating surprising and intelligent design for fascinating individuals and brands. Our work is guided by strong creative thinking that runs deep below a simple and striking surface.
We provoke big questions and define clear strategies to establish a set of essential truths that bring purpose and clarity. Working closely with our partners, we tirelessly reimagine and refine to craft something both natural and uncommon that stands apart.
Regardless of size or budget, we love immersing ourselves in a project, ignoring conventional opinion and the usual short-term thinking to discover new possibilities and directions that buck trends and deliver long-term change.
We are a small passionate team with diverse skills and experience – working across all creative disciplines and areas including culture, technology, beauty, property, education, hospitality, fashion and charity.
As a Midweight Designer you will be working closely with the Creative Directors in all stages of a project from generating ideas, developing concepts, preparing presentations, getting items ready for production and everything in between. You’ll be expected to drive projects forward and deliver work to a high standard and within deadlines, combining a passion for ideas with an uncompromising eye for detail and craft. You are naturally proactive and look to take the initiative with clear opinions and resolve.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Carry out deep visual and conceptual research and have an abundance of ideas and thoughts relevant to a varied range of projects
- Experiment, develop and craft projects with an exceptional eye for detail
- Work closely with and support the Creative Directors in helping create relevant, creative work that is on brief and be willing to influence all projects in the studio at all stages in the process
- Lead smaller projects and work as an integral part of the team on bigger projects
- Brief collaborators and liaise with suppliers from start to finish with an understanding of print and production techniques
- Mentor, oversee and inspire younger designers and interns
Skills & Experience
- A strong portfolio with 4+ years industry experience across a variety of creative disciplines including branding, print and digital
- Accomplished with Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and XD)
- An interest and skills in additional areas of design is a bonus (3D, animation, type etc)
- Naturally collaborative and thrives in working as part of a team
- Well organised and a habitual note taker
- Excellent attention to detail and craft with strong typography and layout ability
- Great communication skills and the confidence in presenting internally to the team and externally with clients and collaborators
How to apply
Please email your portfolio and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 24th September 2021 with the subject 'Midweight Designer'.
Unfortunately, we'll only be able to respond to shortlisted candidates.
Please note, this will be a studio based role.
No agencies please.