Location: Remote first + flexible, with a couple of days a month in London with the co-founders
Type: Freelance, 20-25 hours per week
Salary: 23k-33k pro rata, dependent on experience
Start date: August 2022
The Know is on a mission to help people feel better about the news, and we’re looking for a creative, energetic and strategic self-starter to create content and help grow our audience. You’ll have a passion for news and social media and be excited to combine them to engage our current audiences and reach new ones. You're a digital native with an eye for design: someone who has an instinctive grasp of what will hit the zeitgeist. This is a rare opportunity to work closely with the Editor-in-Chief, and will suit a hand-raiser excited to make their mark in a high-growth media startup.
- Create daily content for Instagram Feed and Stories using stories from our newsletter and elsewhere.
- Create short-form video content for Reels and TikTok, including news updates, explainers, and other trend-based creative.
- Create short tweets and threads for Twitter.
- Design creative for advertising activities, including paid social, flyers and partnerships.
- Meet monthly growth goals across social and manage analytics reporting track performance.
- Help shape our social media strategy, optimising for growth and new trends/formats.
- A strong visual eye, comfortable using design and production software to create graphics and video content.
- Passionate about engaging people with the news and have a strong understanding of how best to connect with our demographic (women aged 18-40).
- Excellent written and editorial skills, a keen eye for detail, and a great sense of judgement.
- Loves social media, has an innate sense of what will perform well, and keeps a finger on the pulse for new trends.
- Comfortable creating and maintaining analytics reporting, interpreting data to make decisions and meeting monthly growth targets.
How to apply
We're looking to fill this position ASAP, so if you're interested, we'd love you to be an early applicant.
Send your CV and a note detailing the below to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social media experience with links to examples - these could be created purely for this opportunity
- Your experience with growing social channels
- Why you’d be a good fit for this role