We’re an award-winning LegalTech-meets-PropTech start-up focused on simplifying and accelerating the legal portion of any property transaction using technology. This is a pivotal and exciting moment to join Orbital Witness. Despite the unprecedented challenges facing early stage businesses, we have recently closed our seed round (£3.3m in April 2020) with the backing of the very best early stage venture capital funds in Europe (including LocalGlobe and Seedcamp) alongside strategic investment from some of the world’s largest real estate companies and financial institutions (JLL, Starwood Capital and Investec). https://techcrunch.com/2020/07/14/orbital-witness
To become the universal risk rating for land and property, replacing a 150-year-old legacy process of manual due diligence - an ‘Experian for the global real estate industry’.
Our mission is to help any professional or individual involved in a property transaction to properly understand what they are getting into, from the outset, before incurring legal fees.
In order to achieve the above we’ve adopted a two product, two strategy approach and are creating a brand new team for a greenfield project. We already have an 8 person team building our existing legal product, which has a strong product/market fit. We are now looking for a passionate Product Designer to support both teams. This is an exciting opportunity to create beautiful, seamless and intuitive products. Our customers in the real estate and legal sectors do complex, high value work. We're looking for someone who can learn quickly and understand in detail the challenges our users face and design elegant solutions that make their jobs easier and more productive in Orbital Witness.
You’ll get a chance to:
● Work closely with Product Management, Customer Success and other business stakeholders to understand the product strategy, roadmap and business priorities, and how your design work can help both Orbital Witness and our customers achieve their goals;
● Create a clean, elegant visual style and identity for Orbital Witness using simple, consistent and reusable design patterns that build towards a comprehensive design system;
● Speak to real users to build a deep understanding of their needs, existing behaviours and the problems that Orbital Witness can solve for them;
● Collaborate on ideas with Product, Engineering, Customer Success, and other stakeholders (including the founders) to visualise potential future iterations of the product;
● Design new features and product enhancements and communicate these via user journeys, wireframes, and interactive prototypes;
● Test your designs with real users and gather feedback from internal stakeholders in order to come up with the best possible practical solution;
● Work side-by-side with engineers to get your designs live and into the hands of real users.
You should apply if:
● You’ve got 3 years' or more experience as a Product/UX Designer working in a digital product company, ideally in a B2B SaaS environment;
● You enjoy covering the entire design lifecycle from research through to visual design;
● You’re able to think "left-field" and challenge the status quo with constructive and
innovative ideas. We’re looking for someone who is strong on vision but also pragmatic around the detail;
● You can quickly express ideas using paper sketches or in collaboration around a whiteboard;
● You create detailed prototypes and high-fidelity mockups using your preferred tools such as InVision, Framer, Axure, Figma, Sketch, etc;
● You’re excellent at presenting your work and explaining the rationale for your design decisions;
● You always test your designs with users to understand what works and what doesn't.
● You’re humble and welcome feedback;
● You’re willing to iterate and throw away ten ideas in order to find the one that works best;
● You’re positive, optimistic and always aiming to make things better.
● Competitive starting salary, matched pension contributions and equity options in a fast growing start-up
● Flexible working hours and location; should you choose to work from home or need a change of scenery for a few days you will have access to 40+ TOG offices in London and even more around the world
● 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
● Professional equipment and personal development budget along with training opportunities to learn and develop your skills
● Cycle-to-work scheme
● An inclusive community enjoying all-company offsites, lunches and socials
We value diversity at Orbital Witness, and would particularly encourage applications from those who are traditionally underrepresented in tech. We’d love to hear from you even if you don’t match all of the above criteria or are seeking other opportunities that we’re not currently advertising.
How to apply
Please submit a copy of your CV with a link to your portfolio and tell us what excites you about the opportunity and why you'd be a great fit.